XFX Radeon cards

Ordered the 4850 for a friend a few hours after NewEgg posted them.
Should be arriving tomorrow.
:D

Yah, but if you think about it, your spending over $150 any ways and the little bit extra
for the double lifetime warranty is totally worth it IMO.
The 4870's are overpriced, $299 for a 1 GB model is insane.
Even if it's an "XXX" factory-overclocked edition.

The 4850 is quite competitively priced.

Has anyone found where it states that they have the double lifetime warranty? I've checked the XFX site and it doesn't say it anywhere.

They are priced higher but I would go with XFX over any other company. Their warranty service is great and the turn around isn't bad at all if your card goes south.

Plus the cooler on the 4850's look secsay as hell and it'll finally vent the hot air out the back instead of in the case.

What is double lifetime? 20 years?

I would never use a video card for more than 3 years without upgrading, doesn't seem worth it.

[H]adouken;1033582977 said:
What is double lifetime? 20 years?

I would never use a video card for more than 3 years without upgrading, doesn't seem worth it.

Double life time means that you get a lifetime warranty, but in case you decide to sell the card, the person you sell it to also gets a lifetime warranty.

The 4870's are overpriced, $299 for a 1 GB model is insane.
Even if it's an "XXX" factory-overclocked edition.

The 4850 is well priced, nice looking cooler and amazing warranty. Yes I will pay $10 more for that. Infact, was going to purchase the sapphire 4850 512mb, but now that I see the XFX on newegg, think I am going to purchase that. As long as it is there at the end of this week (hoping the next gen nvdiea are gonna drop the current gen prices a tad :))

isnt EVGA joining ATI too? or did Nvidia made a deal with evga not to switch...
XFX + EVGA in ATI would kinda kill all the other manufacturers

when they came out, I was kinda depressed that they did not offer free shipping at the Egg to sweeten the deal a little. I was lookin to get the 4850.

Oh, well, maybe in short time the price will look better for me

when they came out, I was kinda depressed that they did not offer free shipping at the Egg to sweeten the deal a little. I was lookin to get the 4850.

Looks like thers now free shipping on the XFX 4850, which is the one I was considering as well.

Well the Asus 4850 is priced exactly the same and also has free shipping. But there's currently a $20 promocode for the Asus, bring it down to $145 shipped (plus an additional $30 MIR). On top of that, the Asus is factory overclocked. So with all that taken into consideration, does it still look to be "competitively priced" ?

Back