XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB XXX Edition @the Egg

i bet xfx is turning every single available 5800 series card to black edition for extra profit :p btw seems there are plenty 58xx cards at newegg from different brands

well seems to me that this one was last big shipment for 2009. sapphires next availablity is 12 of january lol so buy while u can

Only three per customer and $40 over MSRP? How can I refuse? LOL...

Thanks OP, just bought one to replace my RMA'd 5850.

As of 10:15 EST it is still in stock :eek:

Weird, either they got a huge shipment or people just not buying them like they were.

Wow, hard to believe they still have some?!
Perhaps TSMC is starting to get some marginally better yields. I doubt that demand has waned that much.

A few things are going on here.

1) Looks like the egg got a whole S load of 5870s
2)The 5870s are less of a "bargain," than the 5970s and if your gonna pay $400 then your def gonna pay $600 for double the power.
3)You can't crossfire & eyefinity two 5870s yet so no reason to buy a second or third 5870.

Now if we see 5970s sitting on the shelf for this long then you know interest is down!

Or they know it won't fit in their case... That's why I'm not buying one...

Dude you soooooo are not [H]ard! I have an antec 900 and I MADE IT FIT!!!

wow just checked newegg thre are plenty of 5000 series there so its definitely new shipment

Notice that the 5970s are all gone, even the overpriced $685 HIS one. I wonder if the availability of the 5870s stems from the fact that you can get a significantly higher-performing card for only another $200.

Notice that the 5970s are all gone, even the overpriced $685 HIS one. I wonder if the availability of the 5870s stems from the fact that you can get a significantly higher-performing card for only another $200.

Possibly - I made the jump myself. At $600 I think the 5970 is a bargain personally, I couldn't understand why some people were calling it overpriced when it initially launched, considering 2x5870 costs $800.

you realy don't think that amount was the same right ? it seems like new big shipment to me even normally priced 58xx cards are still there

you realy don't think that amount was the same right ? it seems like new big shipment to me even normally priced 58xx cards are still there

Well yeah, I think there was a huge shipment too, but the price being within 33% of the faster card is probably making sales slow a bit. I realized this a bit last night when I canceled my 5870 order after thinking about it for a few minutes. I knew I'd eventually want a second one, so why not get the 5970 for significantly less than 2x5870s?;)

There is no way to know for sure, though.

2)The 5870s are less of a "bargain," than the 5970s and if your gonna pay $400 then your def gonna pay $600 for double the power.

Doubt it. There is a big difference between $400 and $600. That's a 50% hike which is significan't and it's really nowhere near double the power. Even if the crossfire operated at 100% efficiency which we all know it doesn't, it wouldn't be twice as fast becuase it's clocked lower. Not to mention the 5870 or even 5850 is overkill for the majority of gamers..

I think they pulled out all the stops for a huge production run just in time for Christmas.

Or they know it won't fit in their case... That's why I'm not buying one...

Dude you soooooo are not [H]ard! I have an antec 900 and I MADE IT FIT!!!

I suppose I could do that...

But I'm buying an i7 920 system here sometime soon, so I'll just buy a bigger case at that time... Buy yeah, it's hard to tell which ones are going to be big enough without having to also buy a dremel...

(is that what you had to do to your 900? I don't own a dremel, so I'm finding out what tools I need to consider...)

I had to use my 900 case when I got my 5870 as well... I didn't need to do anything special except to not install any hard drives behind the card.

I suppose I could do that...

But I'm buying an i7 920 system here sometime soon, so I'll just buy a bigger case at that time... Buy yeah, it's hard to tell which ones are going to be big enough without having to also buy a dremel...

(is that what you had to do to your 900? I don't own a dremel, so I'm finding out what tools I need to consider...)

It should fit without any mods,just move the drive cage up one or two slots. There was a picture of one on here somewhere.

My 5870 should be here on the 9th. Anyone seen any reviews or info I can read on the xxx model? I wonder if it runs cool and stable with the overclock.

Possibly - I made the jump myself. At $600 I think the 5970 is a bargain personally, I couldn't understand why some people were calling it overpriced when it initially launched, considering 2x5870 costs $800.

Lol, $600 for a video card is not a bargain. These cards depreciate within months/weeks. You are still paying for bleeding edge at that price. A good bargain are the GTX260s and 4890s right now at around $150 or so.

It should fit without any mods,just move the drive cage up one or two slots. There was a picture of one on here somewhere.

I was discussing the 5970, and the only pic I saw was in a 1200 case...

These cards depreciate within months/weeks.
Are we living in the same universe? Last time I checked, the 5800 series cards had all appreciated in value since release. People are making a killing on resale :p

Yeah, PS3 seems to have a problem with numbers lol. A few days ago he said the 5800 series were overpriced. I asked him for an example of when the last time the fastest GPU on the market was released for anywhere near $400 but got no reply... Now he's defining an increase in value as depreciation.

Here is the thread with the pic of the antec 900 with a 5970 in it. You just have to move the drive cage up,no mods. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1470730&highlight=900+5970

Oh, good to know! The 900 is cheaper than what I was considering...

That even looks like two 5970s would work, too...

(before you ask why I would want two, well, if I only wanted one 5970, I'd x-fire two 5870s instead... So, knowing I could fit two 5970s if desired is what I am also making sure of...)

I think PS3 meant like performance wise. Which is true for anything new really, they all depreciate in value and speed after weeks months. A GTX 260 was worth $350 last summer, now roughly $100+.

Lol, $600 for a video card is not a bargain. These cards depreciate within months/weeks. You are still paying for bleeding edge at that price. A good bargain are the GTX260s and 4890s right now at around $150 or so.

I say bargin relative to what they could have charged. I am well aware there a cards out there better price/performance wise. AMD/ATI could've priced the card at $800 and it still would've sold, evident by what people are willing to shell out on eBay.

I bit. But with a serious case of buyer's remorse...

Someone talk me into not hitting the cancel button. lol

Back