XFX RMA service rocks

DanNeely

Supreme [H]ardness
My 5870's fan died yesterday, and annouced the fact by overheating, causing a windows crash, and then initially failing to post although it did do so after I let it passively cool to ambient and remained stable long enough to boot windows at which point I shut down again and swapped it out for a spares.

I was expecting the standard 3 week RMA (1 week ground shipping each way from/to the east coast); but instead of having to send my entire card back they're offering to just ship me a replacement cooler to self install. After removing the 7 screws holding it in place it popped right off and since nothing appeared burnt I took them up on it.

Edit: Need to give ATI credit for the stock cooler design as well; this was far easier to remove than what nVidia inflicted on the GTX260.

It is always preferential for us to send a cooler out if we have them and someone is comfortable replacing it themselves. If you ever need anything else then you can also PM me.

One thing that pissed me off about XFX is how they don't tell you that you must register the card to get double lifetime warranty. On my old evga card there was a big warning when I opened the box that said "YOU MUST REGISTER THE CARD WITHIN 30 DAYS TO RECEIVE LIFETIME WARRANTY"

I'm glad XFX support is good, someone needed to fill the gap BFG left behind.

Well they had lots of practice especially with the recall of their 750w psus

I'm glad XFX support is good, someone needed to fill the gap BFG left behind.
XFX, EVGA, and BFG were the original top tier service card vendors. What we need is someone to refill the 3rd spot; and possibly a 4th or 5th as well since originally all three sold nVidia cards, and now we have XFX as the exclusive top tier vendor for ATI and EVGA as the exclusive for nVidia.

One thing that pissed me off about XFX is how they don't tell you that you must register the card to get double lifetime warranty. On my old evga card there was a big warning when I opened the box that said "YOU MUST REGISTER THE CARD WITHIN 30 DAYS TO RECEIVE LIFETIME WARRANTY"

What, you have a hard time reading?

IMG_20101119_235655_1020x768.jpg

Back