XFX vs. EVGA warranty misunderstandings around the web

Ask any company that sells ATi cards what happens when you OC. Tech support will tell you any overclocking voids the warranty.

Now ask Evga or XFX and you'll get a different response. They'll say they'll replace your card if it dies while being overclocked and that you should increase clocks gradually.

My personal experience with both Evga and XFX backs up what others have said; they do indeed officially support end user overclocking and HSF replacement.

If you resell your cards XFX is definitely a solid choice because you can transfer your lifetime warranty to your buyer. That builds value.

I have read many posts about people with evga rma's, where they recieved a faster card if the original is unavailable. I have read where sapphire will offer you a slower card if yours in unavailable. (The guy had a x1950xt, was offered a x1950pro!!). EVGA will take care of you, period. I just read a review on the egg where a guy bought a xfx 9800 gx2, was having problems with the card, and getting the run around about it from xfx. He sent it back to the egg and was getting the evga for this reason. I have thrown away a leadtek 6800gt card that was under warranty because of their bogus "service".

I have read many posts about people with evga rma's, where they recieved a faster card if the original is unavailable. I have read where sapphire will offer you a slower card if yours in unavailable. (The guy had a x1950xt, was offered a x1950pro!!). EVGA will take care of you, period. I just read a review on the egg where a guy bought a xfx 9800 gx2, was having problems with the card, and getting the run around about it from xfx. He sent it back to the egg and was getting the evga for this reason. I have thrown away a leadtek 6800gt card that was under warranty because of their bogus "service".

XFX does cover physical damage to the board as a result of modding. This is right on their website. They may charge you to reinstall the default Heatsink (which is fair to me), but their warranty is comprehensive.....

Wrong.

Currently we do not have a step up program. Our Double Lifetime warranty applies if you sell or give the video card away, it is your choice. We do have a modder friendly warranty that allows you to overclock or change the fan/heat sink as long as you do not physically damage the product.

Back