XG 76.41 drivers GREAT!!

PC945

n00b
These drivers have allowed me to:

Over clock higher 445/1.14 (6800 Ultra)
Run smoother in all the games, no stuttering at all.
No temp bug
Coolbits come enabled
Riddick open GL bug fixed.
Benchies are excellent.
Getting over 63 FPS in Doom 3 timedemo demo1 1280x1024 allsettings on high.
All mulitplayer games are smooth as silk.
Image quality is EXCELLENT.

No BS all of these things show marked improvement over previous drivers. I highly recommend these drivers.

For those too lazy to look for themselves: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1023
Have you compared these to the plain 76.41s?
Im downloading them right now, and I'll see how they work for me compared to the XG71.24s (didnt want to deal with temp dug, and I havent seen any major boosts since the 71.24s for 6800nus.. until now :D)

They are very good drivers.....but....and there is always a butt...these drivers have known stability issues even when not OCed. They are known to cause lockups.

Well, I've been using the regular 76.41 beta driver for a while now and it hasn't locked up a single time for me.

These are the games I played with the 76.41 driver:

1. Far Cry v1.3
2. Doom 3 v1.1
3. Half Life 2
4. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
5. Jedi Knight Jedi Academy v1.1
6. Project Snowblind
7. Star Wars Republic Commando
8. Star Wars KOTOR 2

Do you have surround sound? If you do, does your sound crap out some times?

Is it true that you have to do some weird installation in order to get these to work?

I thought I read somewhere that installation wasn't like it normally is when installing drivers.

I've never installed XG drivers...only ForceWare...is it the same process as installing the ForceWares?

XG drivers install just like normal drivers. The only difference is that I think there is an option for different series (old cards, 6 series, Go series, etc.). Probably tweaked for those cards.

I get crappy sound glitch with these and the 75.90 and any 76.xx only the 71.84 works for me....gay

Just played some MOHAA (yeah, its old, but now I can run it at max everything & never have fps below my refresh rate :cool: ) and the things keep going smooth. Also played some Far Cry, still soft as a baby's but (not that Ive ever done an MJ on a baby....)
My surround doesnt sound any different, the only thing about installing these drivers is to run Driver Cleaner BEFORE you install any new drivers. My 3D 03 didnt go up much, so the older drivers are where its at.

I've been running them for a couple days an all is well.

Sk8erian said:
Is it true that you have to do some weird installation in order to get these to work?

I thought I read somewhere that installation wasn't like it normally is when installing drivers.

I've never installed XG drivers...only ForceWare...is it the same process as installing the ForceWares?
Same proces:, uninstall old drivers, boot in safe mode, run Driver Cleaner, reboot, load drivers, reboot, set o/c profile, play

i like the XG drives. i tried the 75.xx version yesterday and got a nice performance boost. graphics still look about the same to me.

anyone find any benches on these drivers vs other drivers?

i use the XG 75.90's

Do they work with riddick? Im guessing not without modifying Riddick in some way.

Well on my system I've had problems with everything BUT the 71.84's.

Hmm...noticing some strange problems now. In CS:S, sometimes the textures on a map won't be there. Like, crates will just be black cubes. And also, there are texture problems on the ct's, looks like their boxer shorts are sticking out of their uniforms, hah

yeah i noticed that on my friends computer with a 5200, just a driver issue, try uninstalling drivers then reinstall

to those with sound issues try re-installing the game after the driver-update...

and yes the 76.41 work with riddick, only thing u have to do is use rivatuner to set opengl to 1.3 and if u have windows XP u also need servicepack 2, game looks awesome btw.

I've never run Driver Cleaner...only ever just uninstalled display driver and then rebooted to install new drivers and then reboot and I'm set...never had any problems.

Is it really necessary to run Driver Cleaner?

Back