xhd3000 is frozen

nation

n00b
My power went off last night to the whole house. It immediately turned back on, but my monitor seems to be frozen.

Apparently some users have seen this problem where lights flash on with no response from the monitor. I tried unplugging it, and now the lights only flash for the first second when reconnecting then there's one solid one and the power button. Still no responsiveness.

I haven't let it sit overnight yet. Has anyone had this happen and could not get it unfrozen? This would be really upsetting to me if I had to go find packaging for it and send it back in to get a new one. FWIW, I bought it from best buy, doubt i have a receipt but used my credit card.

Any other tips or solutions to get this unstuck would be greatly appreciated.

-nation

Mine freezes once in a blue moon. I simply unplug the power supply, wait a minute, and plug it back in. That works for me.

yea it was on a surge protector. i turned everything off overnight and woke up and now its working. i was pretty scared for awhile though.

I had the same problem with my first monitor. It would hardly start up without freezing.

now on my second monitor...

I have also had problems with the DVI port working. Im running a powerbook g4 with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9700, 128mb...capable of dual link dvi. Component video works fine, but when i hook up dvi the monitor just flashes up the image and then usually ends up freezing.

bump. just happened again and very frustrating as i need to use my computer. anyone found any other quick fixes other than unplugging and waiting until it resets somehow?

right now i only have the power supply unplugged. should i unplug everything?

bump again,

i figured out how to fix it. basically you have to unplug everything and wait a few minutes, then hold the power button down for 15 seconds. this is the only hard reset the monitor has, it drains all the power out of it.

the technician at gateway told me about it. when i mentioned there was no mention of a reset in the manual, he said it was a trick he knew about from using tv's.

anyways, hope this helps.

when mine has frozen i just unplug it for a little. does holding down the power button do anything that unplugging doesnt do?

Back