XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 Installation HELP!!!

Ladic

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm having a tought time putting the rubber screws on the fan so that I can attach it to the heat sink.
How did u guys put the rubber screws into the fan? if I pull them from the other side it seems as if it might break.
Is there a tip to put them in easier?

thanks

Just have patience, push it in and twist it at the same time. That's is how i got it through, then u can try to pull it from the other side as u push.

I ended up using dental floss to pull it thru and worked. thanks

I placed the screws in some rubbing alcohol to soften them, they went right in after that.

I just used brute force, it seemed like they would break but they just snapped into place in the end.

I almost killed myself installing the heat sink itself though, I got quite a few small cuts from the fins. Urgh.

I use a flat screw to push it in, one side is perfect the other I probably bent the outer fins oh well, it holds. Next time I am installing the fan first.

Soak the rubber stand offs in a mix of water and dish soap to soften then up and make them slippery.

Also those rubber pegs can take a ridiculous amount of abuse, I am shock I have not destroyed one yet :D

Wait, are you talking about

attaching the rubber pegs to the heatsink,

attaching the rubber pegs to the heatsinks while they're in the fan,

attaching the pegs to the fan,

or attaching the fan to the pegs while they're in the heatsink?

I'm not understanding what you're trying to do here.

I have vendetta 2, which use similar mounting. I used silicon lubricant...

Back