Xigmatek HDT-S1283

Anyone kow what the difference in the 2 Xigmatek is?

HDT-S1283

HDT-RS1283

I keep considering jumping on one of these, but don't plan on upgrading CPUs until Nehalem, which is getting a new mount/socket, I believe. Mgiht still e worth lowering temps a couple degrees from the GeminII....

I think the RS just has a quieter/lighted fan... it's decibel and airflow ratings are lower...

Check it out!

you get free bolt on kit from Xigmatek

Reviewed By: on 4/21/2008
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year

Pros: If you contact Xigmatek, they give you free bolt on kit and is free shipping too. Same kit as the TRUE bolt on kit that sells for $5
Cons: none

Check it out!

you get free bolt on kit from Xigmatek

Reviewed By: on 4/21/2008
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level: high - Ownership: 1 month to 1 year

Pros: If you contact Xigmatek, they give you free bolt on kit and is free shipping too. Same kit as the TRUE bolt on kit that sells for $5
Cons: none

interesting I bought one today and that sure would be sweet. Someone try this!!

yes folks have tried this and works. I did this about 2 months ago. Here is a copy of what was sent to me in a .doc file:

Dear Xigmatek users,

Due to the current high demand of our FREE Giveaway— Intel Socket 775
Bolt-Thru-Kit, we are experiencing shortages for this item. There will be new shipments of the Bolt-Thru-kits arriving soon. ( estimated time of arrival to the U.S. will be around 03/20/08) More so, the complete retail packages of Bolt-Thru-Kit including backplate screws & springs mountings will be available in April.

This offer only applies to purchases made between January 01, 2008 and February 29, 2008. You must provide Xigmatek with ::
A clean, clear copy of the dated receipts of the purchase of your Xigmatek product. Eligible part number must be clearly listed on the invoice.
The original UPC Barcode from the package.

Please hurry while supplies last !!

Please send all requested information (ITEMS 1-2) immediately to:

17837 Rowland Street
City of Industry, CA 91748
TEL : 626-839-6800

while it shows a date of february 29, id still contact them as they are indeed still offering up this program. Good Luck.

you should still contact them runedrune. An email doesnt cost you a thing but a little time :)

I just clicked on contact us and sent email. Hope they are nice enough to honor expired one. I knew about the deal but didn't know it expired $35+like $13/$15 for $50, I would have gotten that $70 for TRUE+s-flex f deal that is FS. Only reason I went for RS1283 is that it's almost neck to neck with true+$35 AR FS that I thought I was getting free bolt on kit as well. :) Can never be cheap enough.

Anybody that has this heatsink, do your heat pipes and fins get warm/hot to the touch? Mine don't seem to get warm at all.

Anybody that has this heatsink, do your heat pipes and fins get warm/hot to the touch? Mine don't seem to get warm at all.

The heatsink itself doesn't get very hot to the touch but the air that is getting blown is quite a bit warmer than normal when under load

I got RS1283 today. I've gotta do further testing but with CNPS7700Cu [email protected] with 1.45v, it was going higher than 70c which was failing prime. Now with RS1283, @3.6 with 1.5v loading was around 65c but Prime was failing guess need more tweak to be stable at 3.6 but wasn't failing due to temp. volt mod and lapping IHS might get me 3.6 stable. Possible even at lower vcore.

Just submitted my order to newegg to get one of these. 36.99 shipped.

Also ordered a 750TX by corsair.

lol

but my cpu is a e4400, i find it pathetic, the money i spent on both of those i coulda gotten quadcore. but meh.

finally im on my way to quieting down my computer.

Just ordered one for the rig in my sig, gonna replace my old trusty Tuniq with this when I replace my POS motherboard. Getting the Xigmatek, E8400, and Gigabyte X48 board.

I got mine today as well and still want to know if I should replace my Scythe Zipang for this :/

Try it out and see for yourself which is better?

I would but don't have a mobo atm :(

I think though I will replace it. Seems as if the ZIpang was made for quiet operation (which I want) but I also want top notch OC performance.

It's hilarious how the xigmatek is sold under 3 different names, kingwin, xigmatek and ocz vendetta 2.

This cooler is very quiet and the fan in pwm mode runs at 1000-1200 rpm currently on my rig, I would say you would have no problem with sound issues.
BTW I love this thing to death after running a volcano extreme+ on my old rigs.

i've only seen acouple of these xigmatek coolers they look good but wats up with the gaps underneith the plate that sits ontop of the CPU? this is not good as it will reduce CPU contact not even a big syringe of as5 will fill it!

just to confirm, does the s1283 fit on a gigabyte p35-ds3l mobo?

also, did anyone have to remove the rear fan off their case? side panel fan sure, but what about the rear exhaust.

Will this fit on a Abit IP35-e?

It will. I have 2 coming and one of them will be for a IP35-E. The other IP35-E I have is fitted with a TR Ultra-120 without clearance issues. Both heatsinks is similar overall with the Xigmatek a bit slimmer in width.

Thanks.. another question.. is there a better fan for the s1283 than the stock. I hear the stock fan performs well but is a bit on the noisy side at max voltage... Any recommendations on a fan that performs well but isnt as noisey... Will the performance lost make it not worth the swap?

Actually, the stock Xig fan is VERY quiet, even at max voltage. Before buying another, try the stock fan.

Cool, I'll give it a shot, I just read a few reviews stating the one of the cons to the HS/F is a noisy fan, however it think some peope are more sensitive to that than most. I usually expect my system to be a bit noisy so I will give it a shot and see.

Thanks again for the info.

Vendetta 2 is NOT the xigmatek =p

Everything about the Vendetta 2 is the same except the aluminum fin design on the heatsink. Same fan mounting technique with the rubber adapters. 8 guage copper heat pipe. Same hsf=>mobo mounting tools. Even uses a 120mm rifle bearing fan, but with a lower "high" speed. To me this is a rebadged Xigmatek with a different fin design.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=153&Itemid=1

Some close up review shows that the HSF is completely the same as the Xigmatek except for the obvious fin design. Also has nearly identitcal temperatures between the 3 during the tests. I do say it looks the like fin design on the OCZ wins out but that's due to the larger size compared to the Kingwin/Xigmatek.

also, did anyone have to remove the rear fan off their case? side panel fan sure, but what about the rear exhaust.

I have the combo you are asking about. It fits fine on a DS3L.

Actually, the stock Xig fan is VERY quiet, even at max voltage. Before buying another, try the stock fan.

Not really, but some of us have more critical ears than others, so ... :p

From http://www.silentpcreview.com/article818-page7.html ,
CONS

* Stock fan is louder than necessary
* Can mount on AMD platforms in only one orientation
* LGA775 mounting could be improved

Also, my HDT-S1283 just arrived. Just waiting on a TR backplate to arrive from Sidewinder Computers, and then it's installation time on my Abit IP35-E board. w00t.

I gotten this heatsink for my Q6600 for over a week and so far is been great. With Artic silver 5 it actually lowered my cpu temp from 70 on load down to 50 so I'm happy.

I'm looking to replace the stock fan with a blue LED fan with the same 4-pin connector that comes with the fan. Anybody got any recommendation? I was looking at the Antec Tricool

It works on my DS3L - barely ;) I've got the fan blowing through the HS toward the back of the case. It clears the NB heat sink, but doesn't leave any room to add a fan on top of the NB.

i've only seen acouple of these xigmatek coolers they look good but wats up with the gaps underneith the plate that sits ontop of the CPU? this is not good as it will reduce CPU contact not even a big syringe of as5 will fill it!

anyone know more about this? WOuld a TR backplate make a difference?

The TR 775 Bolt-thru kit will help by applying more mounting pressure than the push-pins.

Here's a pic of the bottom of the HSF:
xig_tim.jpg

The gaps are quite small and can be filled with a dab of AS5. Theres a write-up on it, but I don't have the link right now. It's from whomever did the TIM shootout.

I'll be mounting my xigmatek here soon, it's gonna take a while to get everything from the watercooling removed, gotta take out the motherboard too :eek:

I'll be mounting my xigmatek here soon, it's gonna take a while to get everything from the watercooling removed, gotta take out the motherboard too :eek:

It's completely worth it. You're removing that from the A05, I assume? If so, that's the exact same route I took. I tried water for a bit and realized how annoying it was to pull everything out for what should be simple maintenance when my video card died. I threw the Xigmatek in there and haven't looked back. The nice cool air it pulls in straight from the rear intake makes this a perfect cooler for a perfect case.

I'm actually running a front-to-back normal airflow

Seeing if there's a big difference in temps... and yea it's in an A05b

It took me more time to get my top 2 x 120 exhaust setup right (because of how the hole was cut and how the fans were mounted) than to install the xigmatek...

Honestly took maybe 3 minutes to screw down, and mount the fan...best fan mounting system I've seen, even though I did cut my finger on the heatsink..

Seeing mid 30's for idle with it on the Q6600 @ 333 x 9 3.0ghz

Back