xoxide clearance sale 12/8-12/9

yea yea yea i just noticed it.

mods can u please change the date. thanks

I was disappointed, the clearance only includes a few types of items, none of which I need :/

Was gonna buy a case from them for $25 until I saw this..
Shipping: 49.69

loai said:
Was gonna buy a case from them for $25 until I saw this..
Shipping: 49.69

shipping cases are pretty expensive.

Espically if it's a server or bigger/heavier case, it can even run up to 60$ or more to ship one.

i ordered the acrylic case and some other tid bits and the shipping was only $30. Points for light products.

I picked up a VGA Silencer. Maybe it will help my 9800pro run my 2005fpw. I swear I'm going to stop spending money!

yeah, I need to stop spending money as well :|

I picked up the vga silencer, a bunch of thumbscrews, and (not on sale) a zalman nb cooler.

:( i just orderd $39 worth of goodness.... need to stop spending money..........

just ordered a bunch of UV fans...great prices, esp for the CCFL ones

saturnine2 said:

Actually in one of his posts Ice Czar basically says it's a mid-range PSU, and as long as you don't overstress it you should be fine.....
His complaint basically is that it's not as good as it's made out to be based on it's price... But the price is coming down closer to where it should be so that's less of an issue now.

No matter how you look at it, it's still a good looking PSU with a very nice modular system. As long as you don't get one of the few that are causing people problems you should be fine. (BTW, I would not rule out user error.. Modular systems are much easier to leave a connection a little too loose on, whether because you didn't push it in right, or because you pulled on the cable too hard after you plugged it into the PSU, thus resulting in a weaker connection.)

So the only real question, if you aren't planning on over-working the thing, is whether you can find something as good looking that is modular with similar wattage that cost's the same or less. Unless you A.) don't care about looks, B.) don't care about modularity, or C.) don't need nearly that much wattage anyway..... In which case you can remove the appropriate factors from your search for a better deal.

On a completley different note, I'd like to say that I find Xoxide's/Yahoo storefront system one of the poorest I've seen. I have faith the products will come on time, as other products have from there to me, but they have an overly unfriendly system that doesn't allow you to see orders placed from thier site; you must use a link in the confirmation e-mail they send.

Then you STILL may run into a problem that I ran into; despite the fact that my yahoo account was logged in, it did not record my order under my account. I have the account number, but there is no way to "add" an order to your account, at least as far as I have found. So, at the moment, 24 hours after purchase, I can get to a page that says I have placed an order, and that I should be e-mailed when it ships. No other information, such as the actual status of my order, whether or not the CC payment went through, etc.

Back