Xoxide going out of business sale

Was this the same company started by the kid who, once the site became successful, bought a Viper? If so, I was on a car forum with him way back when (early 2000's?). I thought it was Xoxide but I could be mistaken.

doesn't this apply to like half of us here? except i sold the Viper, and got a C5 vette and put a blower on it (500 lbs lighter, and 100rwhp more).

anyway, xoxide rocks. i've been shopping there for years. sucks to see them go.

some deals are good and some are bad, the case fans are good prices.

some good cpu coolers for cheap if still in stock, the Kingwin XT-1264 (Xiggy S1283 clone) is $15, in for 1, also picked up some cheap SATA cables (90°) and thumbscrews, paid $35 shipped, so I basically got some free thumbscrews and SATA cables (6)...

cool, I needed the "free" stuff and my Xiggy S963 is pretty beat up...

Had lots of good deals on heatsinks. Tuniq tower, tuniq tower led, core contact freezer all under 20. sold out before i could check out though. The coolIT pure fpr $22 was a great deal to but sold out again.

The only cheap good cooler left seems to be the Kingwin XT-1264 (8th in frostytechs top 10 intel 775 coolers) http://www.xoxide.com/kingwin-xt1264-cpucooler.html

and i picked up a NZXT Rogue Gaming Case w/ Blue LED - Silver for $49 http://www.xoxide.com/nzxt-rogue-case-silver.html

had a ton of neons in my cart to but decided to drop them since I don't really need them.

also picked up 2 green LED 250mm fans to swap with teh blue fans on my xclio windtunnel for 50$ off

...the Kingwin XT-1264 (Xiggy S1283 clone) is $15, in for 1...

cool, I needed the "free" stuff and my Xiggy S963 is pretty beat up...
Actually, it's a 1284 clone. The extra heatpipe actually hurts performance in this (rare) case- on the 3-pipe coolers, the centre pipe is directly on top of the core(s). On the 4-pipers, the processor's hot-spot "floats" between two pipes, diminishing their effectiveness. 1283>>1284, 963>>964. I'd venture a guess that your 963 will actually outperform the 1284.

Can someone recommend a good budget 120MM fan from them? The two in my old fileserver are starting to get pretty damn loud.

got the kingy heatsink, a bunch of random mod gear (cathodes, passive mosfets sinks etc) the 230mm red led side fan for the gf's armour, some pc pure liquid (i'm almost out) the razer deathadder 3g, a few odds and ends and a bunch of caffeine, my total was a 100 even for shit i would have had to buy anyway. free shipping so i can't complain. those drinks and the pc pure usually have retarded shipping (from any store) so it was nice to get them shipped free

If that X52 was in stock I would have bought it in a heart beat. Sadly its not. Nothing else I really want there. Unless Thermalright is planning to make a 1156 bracket for the TRUE.

damn wish i saw that x52

AHHH just saw teh free shipping over 100!

I spent 97 on my order last night and had to pay $22 shipping! Would have just got all the lights i wanted for the same price. Epic face palm!

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a good budget 120MM fan from them? The two in my old fileserver are starting to get pretty damn loud.
These are pretty quiet while moving a decent amount of air. They're not the cheapest 120mm fan around, but they certainly are quiet.

This is another good choice that is cheaper.

Last edited:
Picked up some swag for myself

20 brawndos (what plants crave)
10 bawls
1 910w silencer

and all with free shipping hahaha

The best shit is OOS. I'm also noticing that the best shit, that is OOS, is also priced the best. Like $17.50 for a Razer Arctosa.

Does anyone know if the Swiftech H20-220 is a decent starter WC kit? If it comes down a little more, I might buy it to venture into the water world.

I might buy some Cocaine from this place. I've been wanting to try it out.

Their website stinks. I was looking at getting a new fan to slap on my Corsair H50...So i have to click on every single fan to see the rpm's and such. Lame :mad:

Scythe Anti-Vibration HDD Stabilizer 2 for 3.5in HDD
Regular: $7.99
Sale Price: $9.90

You Save: -24% ($-1.91)!

Not much of a sale on that one.

About a week or two ago I was actually wondering how these PC modification companies stay in business. The whole industry went from a DIY to manufactured by just about every leading PC manufacturer. Cases now come with all the modifications, pre-built systems even come with parts or components that we used to modify years ago. I feel these mom and pop shops are getting squeezed out of the competition now that everything can just be store bought, pre-modified exactly how the customer wants it.

I know this is 100% true, and that there are still a lot of die hard DIY guys. But no one can deny that there has been a shift because not everyone wants to modify there case with blow holes, windows, etc when they can come professionally done, for half the price.

It is still sad to see another manufacture fall to this shift in business. I wish everyone at Xoxide the best of luck, and hope their employees/owners bounce back on their feet quickly.

Think there's any correlation? ;)

I don't think that they actually sold for that much, but when it went OOS they made the price look that low to try to get people to hunt through the site looking for another similar 'killer' deal.

Looks like a good time to buy some caffeinated products for free shipping to me :) I mean who hasn't wanted to try out some cocaine?

doesn't this apply to like half of us here? except i sold the Viper, and got a C5 vette and put a blower on it (500 lbs lighter, and 100rwhp more).

Half? No way man, I'd say it's closer to 3/4 of us! I heard Kyle was thinking of changing the name of the forums to [H]ardBallers.

Looks like a good time to buy some caffeinated products for free shipping to me :) I mean who hasn't wanted to try out some cocaine?

The best I've heard Cocaine described is like drinking "Cinnamon flavored battery acid". Its good, but damn.

About a week or two ago I was actually wondering how these PC modification companies stay in business. The whole industry went from a DIY to manufactured by just about every leading PC manufacturer. Cases now come with all the modifications, pre-built systems even come with parts or components that we used to modify years ago. I feel these mom and pop shops are getting squeezed out of the competition now that everything can just be store bought, pre-modified exactly how the customer wants it.

One of my aspirations in high school was to graduate college and start a PC sales/repair business. Your post is exactly why I'm glad I didn't. I've seen so many little shops come and go since then. Just like the idiotic Fast and Furious ricer phase where everyone wanted to throw a huge wing and coffee can exhaust on their Civic or Neon, the interest in custom PCs has faded. Now the majority of people just wants a cheap pre-boxed Dell/HP/Compaq or (increasingly) a laptop. And the major companies like Dell are offering "custom" PCs even though they are a far cry from what we enthusiasts could come up with as far as creativity and performance. :)

I know this is 100% true, and that there are still a lot of die hard DIY guys. But no one can deny that there has been a shift because not everyone wants to modify there case with blow holes, windows, etc when they can come professionally done, for half the price.

I don't think it's as popular as it used to be due to LAN party die off. Why else would you want the sweetest looking rig unless you have someone to show it off to. Unfortunately gamers are under the impression online play is "good enough" just like consoles are "good enough". WRONG, LAN > Online play and PC gaming > console gaming ;). Short answer, face to face gaming is the most fun. Oh, and playing FPS, RTS with your thumbs is a joke. :p

Also you can buy a case these days all ready to go like this Cooler Master http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196. I can see where these are preferable to doing your own. I almost bought one of these instead of the mod I ended up doing a couple months ago.

I guess theres also the fact that everyone was modding after it became popular so it became a trying to one up each other with basically the same mods (cathode lights, windows, led fans, etc). Unless you have some fabricating talent (most people don't) then most cases looked like everyone elses. I can see how that got old. It became very difficult to one up your friends. :D

Wow, didn't expect to go into all that...but after thinking about it those are the reasons I feel this company is GOB....that and I could usually find the the same items cheaper elsewhere. ;) I recall visiting Xioxide back in the day just to get ideas or to see if they has something different/cheaper which they didn't. I'm actually surprised they've lasted this long.

Hmmm...

Logisys Hollywood II 4.1 4-Channel Speaker System
Regular: $21.99
Sale Price: $22.50

You Save: -2% ($-0.51)!

No wonder these guys are going out of business, their product line up is shit.

Back