Xoxide going out of business sale

Their website stinks. I was looking at getting a new fan to slap on my Corsair H50...So i have to click on every single fan to see the rpm's and such. Lame :mad:

3876887180_10ed098b4f_o.jpg

xoxide going out of business? NOOOOOOOOOOOO :*(

Xoxide has never had great prices IMO.

apparently some of you people never price check fans, controllers, cases, LEDs/CCFLs or other accessories. the deals were there, off and on (okay more off than on recently, which might be why they tanked), you just had to keep an eye out and know exactly what you wanted. anyway, xoxide always had fast processing, cheap shipping.. good inventory, too, for the size of the outfit...oh and LMFAO@ the doofus who paid for "expedited" and didnt understand what it meant. you deserved it.

Zalman CNPS9700 LED CPU Cooler
Regular: $62.99
Sale Price: $28.00

You Save: 56% ($34.99)!

not bad

My friend got $100 worth of stuff and I got him to get me a kil-a-watt. Always wanted one of those :p.

In the article posted it talks about how the other websites they operate are blowing up. They seem to be doing alright with the other stuff, apparently just getting out of the niche computer stuff.

Before I finished the article i thought that it was strange the guys were posing with tires lol

I just ordered $100 worth of random stuff. I picked up a HSPC Top Deck. I've always wanted one.

Picked up a VL SYSTEM M-PLAY BLAST LCD CASE DISPLAY AND REMOTE CONTROL for my HTPC, went down another $15 from yesterday. Now $36

One of my aspirations in high school was to graduate college and start a PC sales/repair business. Your post is exactly why I'm glad I didn't. I've seen so many little shops come and go since then. Just like the idiotic Fast and Furious ricer phase where everyone wanted to throw a huge wing and coffee can exhaust on their Civic or Neon, the interest in custom PCs has faded. Now the majority of people just wants a cheap pre-boxed Dell/HP/Compaq or (increasingly) a laptop. And the major companies like Dell are offering "custom" PCs even though they are a far cry from what we enthusiasts could come up with as far as creativity and performance. :)

Personally I prefer being apart of this "Niche". All of the desktops in my house are custom built (minus the laptops).

I don't think it's as popular as it used to be due to LAN party die off. Why else would you want the sweetest looking rig unless you have someone to show it off to. Unfortunately gamers are under the impression online play is "good enough" just like consoles are "good enough". WRONG, LAN > Online play and PC gaming > console gaming ;). Short answer, face to face gaming is the most fun. Oh, and playing FPS, RTS with your thumbs is a joke. :p

Also you can buy a case these days all ready to go like this Cooler Master http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196. I can see where these are preferable to doing your own. I almost bought one of these instead of the mod I ended up doing a couple months ago.

I guess theres also the fact that everyone was modding after it became popular so it became a trying to one up each other with basically the same mods (cathode lights, windows, led fans, etc). Unless you have some fabricating talent (most people don't) then most cases looked like everyone elses. I can see how that got old. It became very difficult to one up your friends. :D

Wow, didn't expect to go into all that...but after thinking about it those are the reasons I feel this company is GOB....that and I could usually find the the same items cheaper elsewhere. ;) I recall visiting Xioxide back in the day just to get ideas or to see if they has something different/cheaper which they didn't. I'm actually surprised they've lasted this long.

Personally, I really like playing with a friend online in the same room. I never had a large enough space to do anything lan party like, but its pretty close....

xoxide going out of business? NOOOOOOOOOOOO :*(

apparently some of you people never price check fans, controllers, cases, LEDs/CCFLs or other accessories. the deals were there, off and on (okay more off than on recently, which might be why they tanked), you just had to keep an eye out and know exactly what you wanted. anyway, xoxide always had fast processing, cheap shipping.. good inventory, too, for the size of the outfit...oh and LMFAO@ the doofus who paid for "expedited" and didnt understand what it meant. you deserved it.

I paid for 2-day shipping and they shipped ground. I understand what 2-day means. It means not ground. Asshole.

How about mine? I paid for "Guaranteed 1-Day Shipping," and even by their own definition it fell short- last update I got said "In the Warehouse, ready for processing." Still no tracking number. Ordered yesterday. I don't need it to actually ship to my house that fast, but I wanted to make sure the processing was expedited since I'm sure their volume is quite high right now.

About a week or two ago I was actually wondering how these PC modification companies stay in business. The whole industry went from a DIY to manufactured by just about every leading PC manufacturer. Cases now come with all the modifications, pre-built systems even come with parts or components that we used to modify years ago. I feel these mom and pop shops are getting squeezed out of the competition now that everything can just be store bought, pre-modified exactly how the customer wants it.

I know this is 100% true, and that there are still a lot of die hard DIY guys. But no one can deny that there has been a shift because not everyone wants to modify there case with blow holes, windows, etc when they can come professionally done, for half the price.

It is still sad to see another manufacture fall to this shift in business. I wish everyone at Xoxide the best of luck, and hope their employees/owners bounce back on their feet quickly.

Its just a dying fad, 5 years ago they were doing great, but as times change and people tastes change this type of company is going the way of the dodo bird. Also factor in the mobile pc market growing while the desktop market is shrinking.

Also look at lan gaming centers, from 1999-2003 they were a great money maker, but now they are not so much.

if these last to the end and are discounted to ~ $50 I will pick one up with the quickness, it will be sweet gaming goodness...

I may have an incessanr boner while gaming with this...

:D

yeah.. this sucks.. but oh well.. I ordered a lot of stuff from xoxide over the years.. good prices, good inventory, slow but reasonable priced shipping.. bummer!

I have ordered quite a bit from Xoxide when I thought ricing my PC was cool.

All I see that interests me on there now is maybe some cheap yateloons/scythe fans. No need for them at this moment so I'll just wait it out, maybe price will go lower soon.

This kinda makes me sad.. I used to order TONS of stuff from them back in the day..

The best I've heard Cocaine described is like drinking "Cinnamon flavored battery acid". Its good, but damn.

Sounds about right. I personally don't like it (and prefer Nerd, Rip It, and Bawls), but you'd be shocked at the amount the other employees go through...

EDIT: For those of you pointing out items where the prices have been inadvertently raised, whoops. I'll make sure someone fixes those on Monday. To those that are complaining that the best priced items are out of stock, well, what did you expect would happen? It's first come first serve and supply isn't infinite.

Last edited:
Good riddance. I paid for expedited shipping once and these assholes shipped via ground instead. When I complained, they said that what I was paying for was actually expedited "processing." What a crock. Glad to see them gone.

So you are angry you didn't know what "expedited shipping" meant? You do that this is a common term for online stores...right?

All I see that interests me on there now is maybe some cheap yateloons/scythe fans. No need for them at this moment so I'll just wait it out, maybe price will go lower soon.

Many of those name brand fans are oos. I just received an email notification on discontinued fans that I ordered last night :(

So you are angry you didn't know what "expedited shipping" meant? You do that this is a common term for online stores...right?

Do you read the fucking thread before shitting out your mouth? I chose and paid for 2-day shipping and they shipped ground. I asked them to refund the difference in shipping and they told me that if I had chosen standard ground they would have "processed" it slower and it would take up to two weeks.

You want to call it "2 day processing," fine. You want to call it "expedited processing," fine. But don't call it 2-day shipping and then ship it ground to save your shitty 2-bit operation money.

I have to side with Frobot here. >_>

Newegg labels expedited processing as.. well... rush processing. No confusion there right?

But don't call it 2-day shipping and then ship it ground to save your shitty 2-bit operation money.

I don't want to get in an argument because at this point it doesn't matter, but as an FYI, you paid for delivery within 2 business days of the order being approved (which is typically instant unless you gave bad CC address info or wanted to bill/ship to different states), not UPS 2nd Day Air. If the package does go ground it is because UPS guarantees that the package would arrive within 2 days when shipped ground. In that case, that is all you were charged for, plus a small pad for the extra handling given in the warehouse to pull that order to the front of the line (I think we padded by $0.50/box for G2D and $0.75/box for G1D, well below the $2.99/item that Amazon charges Prime users for Next Day delivery which almost always ships Ground).

When you placed an order you checked a box stating that you had read the terms and conditions (which told you your order could go Ground, even if you ordered an expedited service) and agreed to them.

http://www.xoxide.com/info.html#shipping <- Explains Expedited Shipping methods

It's the same thing NewEgg, Amazon, and a whole host of others do.

That all said, if, at some point, you ordered from Xoxide with a Guaranteed method and it did NOT arrive within the time specified (keeping in mind that we have a 2PM Eastern cutoff for same-day shipping), regardless of whether it was shipped the expedited method or Ground, then call us on Monday with your order number and your shipping charges will be refunded. If anyone gives you a hassle (which they shouldn't) then tell them I told you to call. Even though this store is closing we don't want anyone left with a bad taste in their mouth because of an experience with Xoxide.com.

I don't want to get in an argument because at this point it doesn't matter, but as an FYI, you paid for delivery within 2 business days of the order being approved (which is typically instant unless you gave bad CC address info or wanted to bill/ship to different states), not UPS 2nd Day Air. If the package does go ground it is because UPS guarantees that the package would arrive within 2 days when shipped ground. In that case, that is all you were charged for, plus a small pad for the extra handling given in the warehouse to pull that order to the front of the line (I think we padded by $0.50/box for G2D and $0.75/box for G1D, well below the $2.99/item that Amazon charges Prime users for Next Day delivery which almost always ships Ground).

When you placed an order you checked a box stating that you had read the terms and conditions (which told you your order could go Ground, even if you ordered an expedited service) and agreed to them.

http://www.xoxide.com/info.html#shipping <- Explains Expedited Shipping methods

It's the same thing NewEgg, Amazon, and a whole host of others do.

That all said, if, at some point, you ordered from Xoxide with a Guaranteed method and it did NOT arrive within the time specified (keeping in mind that we have a 2PM Eastern cutoff for same-day shipping), regardless of whether it was shipped the expedited method or Ground, then call us on Monday with your order number and your shipping charges will be refunded. If anyone gives you a hassle (which they shouldn't) then tell them I told you to call. Even though this store is closing we don't want anyone left with a bad taste in their mouth because of an experience with Xoxide.com.

1. If you click on the &#8220;terms and conditions&#8221; link next to the checkbox you cite on the order page, it directly links to the clearly delineated &#8220;Terms and Conditions&#8221; heading at the bottom of that page, starting with something about the return policy and moving to the privacy statement and disclaimer. There is nothing under there about the 2/3 day shipping policy, and I did not scroll up to read the entire FAQ, nor was that your intention, or else you would have just linked to the top of the page. So no, I did not agree to the entire FAQ. I agreed to the &#8220;Terms and Conditions.&#8221;

2. How is that a scrupulous business practice in the first place? If someone lives next door to your store and picks next day air, ethically, wouldn&#8217;t it be proper to contact them and ask them if they would rather change to something cheaper that would arrive in the same time? Or change it without asking and refund the difference? What you&#8217;re doing is changing to something cheaper unilaterally and then pocketing the difference, which in my opinion is indefensible. And the way it's named in the order page further obfuscates what you're really paying for.

3. I believe my order arrived one day later than I expected, but it was a couple of years ago and considering the circumstances I&#8217;d rather just let it go. I agree that it serves little point to argue about this ad infinitum, but I wanted to make clear that I did not agree to this, I fundamentally disagree with the policy, and we'll leave it at that.

Their shipping prices suck is the biggest drawback...typical for boutiques.

and no, I didnt have $100 of stuff to buy from them.

I picked up some drive covers for my lianli though.

I bought $100 in energy drinks, I had 24 brawndos in my cart and someone bought 19 of them while I was checking out :(

I bought $100 in energy drinks, I had 24 brawndos in my cart and someone bought 19 of them while I was checking out :(

That shit happened to me a few times last night. I was about to get a large variety pack of a number of the caffeinated beverages, and every time I went to check out, one or two would disappear. I WUZ ROBBED.

I did have a number of good experiences with Xoxide early on, and then one bad experience regarding an returning an item turned me off of them for good. Still, I'ts a little sad to see them go, but at the same time I saw their core audience/business model as not very sustainable for very much longer.

It makes you wonder if it's the economy or that people just don't pimp their rigs anymore.

I remember when I had to buy cases with a side window. :eek:

Now I'm back to my ole solid and reliable setups. No lights, or windows, or peep shows.

Still it's a shame to see a good enthusiast site go out of business.

Sad to see them go, used to order a good amount of stuff from them back in the day. It's been years....always had great service too.

It makes you wonder if it's the economy or that people just don't pimp their rigs anymore.

I remember when I had to buy cases with a side window. :eek:

Now I'm back to my ole solid and reliable setups. No lights, or windows, or peep shows.

Still it's a shame to see a good enthusiast site go out of business.

Cases are becoming more and more stylish straight from the manufacturer nowadays... I guess people just don't feel the need to mod. I personally feel that a Storm Scout is dead sexy just the way it is so I'm not going to even buy a cathode for the case when I get it.

Back