Xoxide going out of business sale

got a response from them this morning.. credited me back for the missing brawndos.. atleast they made good on it

yep got my deathadder today as well, and i still got the mousepad. were very nice about it.

I will miss xoxide, yeah their prices went way high and didn't order from them as much but it was really nice to have a store where i would order on one day and get it the next (i'm in pgh, they are in philly)

I gave them a call this morning @ about 11am, and they credited me back for the 8 items not in my order on the spot.

I talked with the customer service rep for about 15 minutes, and he said the Customer Assistance/Returns reps were reduced to a staff of two - him & one other guy. The rest of the staff have been retasked onto other projects already. He also said that the incomplete orders will all get handled in due time. There's a fat folder in the CSR office of "did not make it into the box so credit this account back $X.XX slips" and the stack was getting bigger all week. So they're going to take a bit of time to get taken care of.

/$0.02

Last edited:
Got my stuff in today by surprise. I ordered on the 12th. I was still waiting for tracking info.

My order is missing one of my USB humping dogs. Time to give them a call.

Anyone else notice that their entire storefront is back up? They aren't just listing what's in stock any more, it's all of the products that they had available.

Though if you go to add something that's obviously out of stock the site throws up the alert "The quantity you requested is not available at this time. Please check back soon!"

Anyone else notice that their entire storefront is back up? They aren't just listing what's in stock any more, it's all of the products that they had available.

Though if you go to add something that's obviously out of stock the site throws up the alert "The quantity you requested is not available at this time. Please check back soon!"
The domain and website were auctioned off the other day, so whoever owns them now has probably reverted the site back to its pre closeout form so they can figure out what they will do with it next. Whoever bought it paid over $75,000 for it so I imagine they are going to try to run it pretty much the same way and attempt to capitalize off of the Xoxide name. Anyone know who the purchaser was? I would imagine its someone established in the computer parts industry looking to branch out to the enthusiast market.

Well I do hope they redesign the site... I liked Xoxide just for the uniqueness / range of parts you could get... but the layout was terrible.

Then again I hate most online store layouts... even Newegg is pretty meh at times...

Well I do hope they redesign the site... I liked Xoxide just for the uniqueness / range of parts you could get... but the layout was terrible.

Then again I hate most online store layouts... even Newegg is pretty meh at times...

my only gripe with newegg is that not every data field for every item is filled in. For instance, 1920x1200 monitors. If you sort by "Maximum resolution" you get 11 monitors, while if you sort by "Recommended resolution" you get 27. etc etc

what's the deal? i'm on xoxide.com and dont see anything about going out of business, clearance, or even reduced priced. it looks like it always does.

btw this had the cheapest yate loons b/c of the cheap shipping

what's the deal? i'm on xoxide.com and dont see anything about going out of business, clearance, or even reduced priced. it looks like it always does.

btw this had the cheapest yate loons b/c of the cheap shipping

Yeah, and those weren't real Yates - one of the reasons they're so cheap. ;)

they canceled everything I ordered and are trying to ship me the filler I bought to make the order $100 tog et free shipping. If it gets here it's going to be disputed and rejected.

What a headache....

Still no order information or tracking for mine. More then likly will get refunded to me also. Bah no matter Turk-fx screwed me on the thought to be Nice shape case and wc gear. Turns out to be all bent, scratched, and rusted so I have my work cut out to get it ready for paint let alone the wire sleeving and lights I ordered from xoxide.

what the hell? they came back to business???? all the items back in stock and prices raised back to where they were.... confused..

what the hell? they came back to business???? all the items back in stock and prices raised back to where they were.... confused..

From Xoxide Forums.
Hello All,
As you're probably aware, Xoxide.com was put up for sale recently. We are thrilled to announce that our company was the winning bidder in the transaction and will be assuming an ongoing management role in the next few days. We would like to assure everyone that you will receive the same great service and product selection you have come to expect from Xoxide and hopefully some added benefits as well.

We will keep this brief, as we're scrambling to restock the shelves and complete the transfer as we speak. Our company has over 10 years of experience in the PC and video gaming accessory industry, both on the manufacturing and distribution side. We ship products around the world to hundreds of thousands of customers, super fast. Xoxide will continue to be an independent entity, as will the forums (we will absolutely continue to host them so don't go anywhere!) Our goal is to minimize any disruption in service and expect that business will continue to operate as usual.

We're happy to hear all of your feedback and suggestions for any potential improvements to the site. We will try to respond to as many of them as we can, but even if we can't respond individually, we are reading everything and strive to provide you with the best online shopping experience possible for all of your hardware and modding needs. Thank you in advance for all of your support and we look forward to serving you. More details to follow soon...

-New Xoxide Owners

aww. nvm.... all items are not in stock but showed up somehow. dunno what they are doing.

From Xoxide Forums.

so basically since the new owners are keeping the name and sticking with the same product line they have to honor all items and prices that were paid for all clearance items that were ordered during the sale.

so basically since the new owners are keeping the name and sticking with the same product line they have to honor all items and prices that were paid for all clearance items that were ordered during the sale.
You couldn't be more wrong about that statement. Xoxide went under and sold their name to the new Xoxide buyer. The new Xoxide buyer didn't buy the entire company and does not have to honor any of the previous company's obligations. Xoxide is now just a subsidiary (or perhaps separate business entity) of the buyer.

If anyone doesn't receive their shipment or receives a partial shipment they have to take it up with the old company because the new company has zero obligation to them.

I'm really glad I got in for the sale.
Got an Apogee GTZ 775 for $42 and some of those 4" UV cold cathodes with dual overboost inverter for like $7.
Glad they're not going out of business also... While these guys prices are high, competition keeps the other guys prices lower... ;)

Well, just got another email saying that another item is not going to ship.
:mad:

Thats 2 out of 3 items ordered.

The only thing they ARE shipping is a crappy usb fridge thingy.
And they are probably charging me the whole shipping prices also for all 3 items.

Screw the xoxide people.
Hope I never order from their other sites too.

You couldn't be more wrong about that statement. Xoxide went under and sold their name to the new Xoxide buyer. The new Xoxide buyer didn't buy the entire company and does not have to honor any of the previous company's obligations. Xoxide is now just a subsidiary (or perhaps separate business entity) of the buyer.

If anyone doesn't receive their shipment or receives a partial shipment they have to take it up with the old company because the new company has zero obligation to them.

Do you have a source for that, or is that your opinion?

Got both of my orders- the AXP-140s were painless, and I just got my 1366-K8 adapters so I can reuse K8 heatsinks on i7. No tracking number of update this time around, but no complaints since they arrived pristinely.

Im fairly sure thats simple business law. Xoxide.com is merely a domain name. The company responsible for running it is who has to fulfill those orders,etc. I emailed one of the owners of the old site and they basically appear to have give only the domain name to the new company. It sounds like the old company has a different stock list and as such will probably get rid of what they did sell and potentially could sell the old stock to the new company if they so choose. But honestly, i dont know enough to make an accurate depiction.

What form of shipment has been used for the orders you all have received. And what is the city its been sent from? I arrived home today in the pouring rain no doubt here in TX to a UPS infonotice slip that says its from Malview PA. Of course now I have to arrange to pick it up tomorrow or I will have to wait till 6:30pm to get what ever it is.

Actually after pulling up the details:
ARLINGTON, TX, US 09/21/2009 6:04 P.M. THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
09/21/2009 6:05 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
09/21/2009 3:51 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DALLAS, TX, US 09/21/2009 3:22 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
DALLAS, TX, US 09/20/2009 6:26 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HORSHAM, PA, US 09/17/2009 3:20 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HORSHAM, PA, US 09/16/2009 10:34 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
WEST CHESTER, PA, US 09/16/2009 9:45 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/16/2009 8:26 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 09/16/2009 7:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

It shows West Chester, PA

Last edited:
I still can't believe they cancled 60% of my order and decided to go ahead and ship me the rest of it. Shouldn't they have asked me if I still wanted the junk first?

Somewhere in this thread is (was) the link to the online auction which said they were only selling the domain name. I don't want to get into an entire discussion about how a business is a separate legal entity outside of the owners, but I will give a quick primer because it makes the rest of my explanation easier to understand. The original people who set up Xoxide would have either set up a corporation, partnership, or LLC in order to avoid personal liability should the business fail (it also makes it easier to get loans, open bank accounts in the company's name, etc.). For simplicity sake we will call this company Xoxide, Inc. Xoxide, Inc. most likely became insolvent and decided to close its doors. They liquidated the inventory, either sold or allowed the bank to take their buildings and other assets, and have closed up shop. The buyer, decided that the Xoxide name and domain name were worth something and decided to purchase them and keep the storefront alive. We will call them Buyer, Inc for simplicity. Buyer, Inc. owns the Xoxide name and the website, but did not buy the inventory, receivables, building, etc.; nor did they assume the mortgage on the building, the unpaid bills, or the unfullfilled orders.

I have no source that this is exactly how things went down because Xoxide is a private company and they may have avoided bankruptcy proceedings because all of their loans were backed by physical assets. But, I can say with 100% certainty that unless the buyer had nobody with any business or legal sense review the purchase agreement that this is how things went down. And since we know the buyer has run another business for the past decade we can assume he has competent counsel.

Ordered on the 12th. Never any confirmation. Would have received yesterday but we weren't home and it was pouring. Received everything today in a complete order for my Slumber Parties build.
2 red led lazer lights
2 12" dual red cold cathode kits
2 uv red zoide wire sleeving kits
2 5 foot red el wire kits

Somewhere in this thread is (was) the link to the online auction which said they were only selling the domain name. I don't want to get into an entire discussion about how a business is a separate legal entity outside of the owners, but I will give a quick primer because it makes the rest of my explanation easier to understand. The original people who set up Xoxide would have either set up a corporation, partnership, or LLC in order to avoid personal liability should the business fail (it also makes it easier to get loans, open bank accounts in the company's name, etc.). For simplicity sake we will call this company Xoxide, Inc. Xoxide, Inc. most likely became insolvent and decided to close its doors. They liquidated the inventory, either sold or allowed the bank to take their buildings and other assets, and have closed up shop. The buyer, decided that the Xoxide name and domain name were worth something and decided to purchase them and keep the storefront alive. We will call them Buyer, Inc for simplicity. Buyer, Inc. owns the Xoxide name and the website, but did not buy the inventory, receivables, building, etc.; nor did they assume the mortgage on the building, the unpaid bills, or the unfullfilled orders.

I have no source that this is exactly how things went down because Xoxide is a private company and they may have avoided bankruptcy proceedings because all of their loans were backed by physical assets. But, I can say with 100% certainty that unless the buyer had nobody with any business or legal sense review the purchase agreement that this is how things went down. And since we know the buyer has run another business for the past decade we can assume he has competent counsel.

Thank you for taking the time to type up an explanation of the limited liability corporation for the non-lawyers. Xoxide is incorporated in PA as a stock corporation it appears: https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1966787 . And it seems there has been some recent action by debtor's lining up to secure their place:
https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/ucc/soskb/FilingChain.asp?FileNumber=2009082005642
https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/ucc/soskb/FilingChain.asp?FileNumber=2009070909757
https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/ucc/soskb/FilingChain.asp?FileNumber=2009040708084
https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/ucc/soskb/FilingChain.asp?FileNumber=2009060502664

Upon reflection, I agree that the transaction was probably structured on a cash-for-asset basis. With the customer lists being converted to a cash asset, as well as the name. (Interestingly Xoxide doesn't show up on a USPTO Trademark search, although Xoxide, Inc. owns some trademarks in some unrelated sectors.) So, yes, customers (unsecured creditors) would need to sue Xoxide for recovery. (I'm omitting a discussion of Fraudulent Conveyances and clawback, because that is technically afield of the narrow assertion that I asked you to defend.)

Got my shipment and to my surprise, it had 2 cans of brawndo!

Unfortunately one of the Blue Balls was that was bubble wrapped had a small piece of glass in the bubble wrap. SO I cut my finger while removing the bubble wrap. So I ended up with bloody blue bawls.

Got my shipment and to my surprise, it had 2 cans of brawndo!

Unfortunately one of the Blue Balls was that was bubble wrapped had a small piece of glass in the bubble wrap. SO I cut my finger while removing the bubble wrap. So I ended up with bloody blue bawls.

LMAO

but where would the glass come from? Terrorist plot? Putting little pieces of anthrax coated glass in bubblewrap knowing that all Americans pop every bubble just for fun???

All of my items came in ship shape. Thanks Xoxide for the nice sale! I really think I got some good deals on this, and the flexible keyboard is awesome. The EL blue really looks flashy, but it's cool. I put it on my wife's computer, and at first she was like "... what the?? :rolleyes:" But now she likes it because it's silent for one, and it is also flat so she doesn't need the wrist rest. He desk is a little lest cramped now.

LMAO

but where would the glass come from? Terrorist plot? Putting little pieces of anthrax coated glass in bubblewrap knowing that all Americans pop every bubble just for fun???

It looked like it was from another bottle of bawls that must have broken. No chips or cracks in mine, but they were sticky, which indicates to be that a bottle must have broken in the same package as the ones that mine were shipped from.

Back