XP Home or Pro Will Not Install on New Raptor

PawNtheSandman

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently I am running Win XP Home on a 36gb Raptor. I purchased a new 150gb Raptor.

I disconnected all hard drives. I attached the 150gb Raptor on SATA 1. Raptor does not have any jumpers on it.

I boot from a legit XP Home cd. I insert my SATA driver disk. It goes through the start up.

Finally it gets to the screen where is DOES SEE the disk, but it says press enter to install, press c to create a partition, press d to delete partition.

Once I get to this screen I can do nothing. No response from the keyboard. I tried various USB and PS/2 keyboards. Same result.

I've tried:

My original store bought XP Home cd (no service pack)
Nlite burned XP home cd with sata and SP2 slipstreamed
Store bought XP Pro w/SP2

All cd's give the same result.

Suggestions? The PC can see the drive but when it gets to that point it seems like it freezes.

In bios there is an option where you disable somethign Sata related, i have needed to do that a few times to get it to install onto the sata drive.

btu you also didn't mention if you entered F6 when you started teh windows setup.

Are you choosing to boot from CD using a boot menu? Make sure you only press buttons once when prompted as pressing it more than that can cause stupid "keyboard errors" that only effect the Windows setup. I had the same problem with about 5 keyboards on one particular computer and popped in the 6th one and that one happened to work just fine.

I don't have to press anything to boot to the cd because there is no boot partition on the disk. It automatically starts Windows set up. I press F6 to specify the SATA driver.

I don't have to press anything to boot to the cd because there is no boot partition on the disk. It automatically starts Windows set up. I press F6 to specify the SATA driver.

You did disable boot sector protection in your Bios right?

Back