XP Pro clipboard problems with screen shots

Sharkzf6

Weaksauce
My clipboard doesn’t hold screen shots once it’s been used for something else. Example: I’ll copy and paste some text from one document to another, then take a screen shot using PrintScreen and try to paste it into PSP or some other “paint” program. No image, just a funny looking symbol that indicates there was no data. If I do the screen shot first, it works. Also, once this happens I have to reboot XP to get the clipboard to work with screenshots again. I have XP Pro with SP2. I use Office 2000, which has some kind of goofy multiple clipboard modification (I think) that allows you to store up to 12 individual clips and select the one you want when using Office programs. I have 1 GB of RAM with plenty of physical mem free showing in Task Manager under performance so that shouldn’t be the problem. Any ideas what the heck is going on?

More info: I don't have to reboot the machine to fix this problem, only log off and back on, then everything works fine as long as I do the screenshot first...it's almost like the "PrtSrn" button stops working more than a clipboard problem...hmm...I do use a MS wireless keyboard, I wonder...

Shit, the problem was I had my TV tuner running and on the screen in a small window...duh!

Back