XPS 2010 ???

It really is a 'lifestyle' product.

There are better mobile solutions if you are looking for high end graphics or gaming performance.

If you're looking for a neat, well specced PC, without the cabling that goes with desktops, to accomplish most common needs this looks a great piece of kit.

Pricey, but if you can afford it - what the heck!

do you think i can play like cs and dod source and BF2 like maxed out settings with this??

As a laptop, hell no, this is a massive failure. But I can see this working for high-end, 5-star hotel lounges or something. Maybe if you're the sort of sophisticated, ultra-modern person with a house to match, you could use this as a little nook-n-cranny computer for day to day stuff. It looks amazing, and has specs to boot, but at that price, sheesh! My $3k has better uses...

As someone who lives in a hotel 70% of the year, I am considering it... it certainly would bring a certain level of luxury and comfort that no other laptop could provide. Would just need to get a pelican case and lots of insurance when traveling with it (too big to bring as carry-on, obviously)

Still, I can play WoW on my 14.1" widescreen Asus... I don't NEED to spend 4.5k (what a well equipped one costs) that should be spent on more practical uses...

ManicMachine said:
As someone who lives in a hotel 70% of the year, I am considering it... it certainly would bring a certain level of luxury and comfort that no other laptop could provide. Would just need to get a pelican case and lots of insurance when traveling with it (too big to bring as carry-on, obviously)

Still, I can play WoW on my 14.1" widescreen Asus... I don't NEED to spend 4.5k (what a well equipped one costs) that should be spent on more practical uses...

May I ask what is it that you do to spend 70% of your time living in hotels? This isn't a shady assumption, I'm just curious. :)

crazjayz said:
May I ask what is it that you do to spend 70% of your time living in hotels? This isn't a shady assumption, I'm just curious. :)

Seriously, I wouldn't mind a job where I got to live in a hotel 70% of the year ;) It would mean less cleaning of my home.

for someone travelling 70% of the time i would imagine that huge thing would eventually become a burden

kuyaglen said:
r u Donald Trump?

Sure... lol

I actually make a rather meager living, but it is offset by having my travel expenses paid for by my employer. I don't have a wife/child to support and I don't maintain a permanent residence due to being on the road so much. My living expenses are minimal.

I love what I do and take pride in it, but it is a lonely lifestyle.

The fact remains that this laptop, although not designed with my needs in mind, could very well function better than almost any other solution. But it's also the type of laptop that would require me to hold on to my current 14.1" or buy an ultraportable so that I have something to use when on planes or when I need mobility.
It would just be one more way of making my hotel room feel like my home.

i actually am on the road lol like over 80% of the year and theres one on ebay brand new for 900 + shipping so eh

Back