XPS 600 good deal or no?

Suki243

Gawd
Well, after a great experience with a refurbished dell i decided hey, since I need a cheap fix to my bro's computer dying why not try dell again? I'm looking at this computer, tell me if its a good deal for the price.
System Price : $1,589.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System
Genuine Windows XP Media Center 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memory
2 GB DDR2 Non-ECC SDRAM 533MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Disk Drive
160 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Video
512MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX
Sound Card
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, w/Dolby Digital 5.1
Certified Refurbished
Certified Refurbished
Base
XPS 600 Mini-Tower: Pentium D Processor 940 with Dual Core Technology (3.20GHz, 800FSB)
Media Bay
16x DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability

bought one off of ebay OMG!!! (a code)
XPS 700
Jet Black 64 Bit
Date & Time: July 02,2006 12:06 PM CST

SYSTEM COMPONENTS
XPS 700
Jet Black 64 Bit Qty 1
Pentium® D Processor 960 with Dual Core Technology (3.60GHz, 800FSB), Microsoft® Windows® XP x64 Edition Unit Price $2,660.00
Dell EPP/FSS customers: Save 30% off any system $999+
Expires Wednesday, July 05, 2006 Remove Coupon
- $798.00

Catalog Number: 23 A4735B1
Module Description Show Details
XPS 700 Pentium® D Processor 960 with Dual Core Technology (3.60GHz, 800FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP x64 Edition
Memory 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs
Keyboard Dell USB Keyboard
Monitor No Monitor
Video Cards 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics Card
Hard Drive 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
Floppy Drive and Media Reader No Floppy Drive Included
Mouse Mouse included in Dell Wireless or Bluetooth Package
Modem No Modem Requested
Optical Drive Dual Drives: 48x Combo + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Speakers No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) No Pre-installed software
Security Software Symantec AntiVirus 64-bit,12-months
Hardware Warranty 3Yr Ltd Warr,At-Home Service,and HW Warr Support plus Nights and Weekends
XPS Specialized Support XPS, Specialized Support
Future Operating Systems Windows Vista™ Capable
Dell Digital Entertainment Starter Entertainment Pack -Basic digital Music, Photo, and Casual Gaming

TOTAL:$1,862.00

Additional Discounts and Coupons

12% off systems priced $1600 and up with 3/4 yr At-Home service. -$223.44
Thank you for taking advantage of your member purchase plan!

Free Ground Shipping on Select Dimensions!
Limited Time Only!

cmae out to be 1700 Very nice call
Thanks so much i'm so happy right now :D

awk thing, they didn't send me an email back confirming the transaction, i printed out the receipt btu they didn't send it and don't have a record of it in my cart when i log back in wat the...

Nevermind, Dell's customer service explained that it takes 24 hours to mali a confirmation.

Congrats, good to know I wasn't the only one to take that deal.

Now if only that mobo can take a Conroe I'll be set to keep mine for years.

What is you preliminary ship date?

well it had been more htan 24hrs since my ordernad still not confirmation, we call them and they said they have no record of us ordering anything. Then i was like man, so i try it again buy now i cant put a 7950 in it, when i do its like 100 dollars more. and it says preliminary ship date its like 8/10 thats late!

Sorry to change the subject but does anyone know if this board support Conroe? Would like to know by tomorrow since the coupon expires on the 5 :)

This looks like great deal but I notice they don't ship until August, wonder why the long delay... Conroe support or better yet conroe :p

Hope you enjoy it and be sure to leave some feedback about it once you do :D

Sz1hart said:
Sorry to change the subject but does anyone know if this board support Conroe? Would like to know by tomorrow since the coupon expires on the 5 :)

It looks like the nForce 590 Intel version will support the Conroe on Dell's BTX mobo. In fact that may be the reason behind the delays in XPS 700's shipping.

Back