XSPC Raystorm RX360 review

Deutch420

Gawd
So im recently back in the [H] game because of Diablo3. I figured why not WC the CPU and GPU.

Its basically the stock kit, however i changed out the res and added a few fittings. I also added 3 additional fans for a push pull setup. Although i dont think this rad takes advantage of PP.

CPU is a i2500k.

GPU is a 570GTX. Its the EK plate, nickle plated. Fits very well. install was very simple.

The case is small and old. I had to mod it to fit everything. Frozen CPU has a nice templet for those that want to mod thier case like i did.

Kit seemed very straight forward. mcp655 adjustable flow is the only pump i'll ever use. Was really nice to see it's offered as a $15 upgrade for the kit.

The compression fittings worked great and are fairly small (low profile). I also had to purchase 2x Bitspower 45* and 2x Bitspower 90* fittings. They work great, zero leaks.

Love the swiftech micro res. I purchased the swiftech res over the provided res due to the size. I simply dont have the room to accomdate a 2 bay res. The micro is awesome for my needs.

The rad is huge. Was easy to bleed (for me). But it only has 2 ports. They are both on the bottom. This can make running your lines and bleeding very difficult. If i could change anything about my build, i would love to get a rad with a 3rd port on the top for filling. Its just not practical to have your res as your highest point. And in not doing so, it makes it hard to get the last few bubbles of air out of the rad. simply adding a 3rd fill port at the top of the rad would make this process a lot easier.

The Raystorm block was super simple to install. I have no other blocks to compair temps to. But im really happy with my temps. Although stock cooling left a lot to be desired...

The RX360 kit seems very nice for the price to me. Trying to part together a similar kit seemed to come out to a lot more $ every time i made a custom kit. So its priced well. Frozencpu is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Ordered well over $1,000 worth of stuff from them (WCing 2x PCs ) and they made ZERO mistakes and shipped same day on all 4 of my orders. Thanks guys!

I know the build could be a little cleaner, but please keep in mind that i had to stuff all this crap inside a small mid tower case. Also, this case is 5+ years old.It has been modded many times and isnt even straight anymore. its been with me for over 3 house moves!! lol! I just dont see any nicer cases out there worth buying., JMO

Questions, comments? please post!
Anyone else gonna be rocking out Diablo 3?

Results.
CPU AIR:
stock: Idle around 43C. Prime 95 after 15 minues had the temps up to 88C.
OC: No results. I was uncomfortable with the heat produced above stock clocks with stock cooling.

CPU WC:
stock: idles at 27C. Prime 95 got it up to 41C after 45 minutes.
OC: At 4.9ghz with only a bump to the Volts, i was able to run prime 95 for over an hour and saw a max temp of 53C

GPU AIR:
stock: Idle at about 43C at 40% fan. FM, Kombustor and heaven after 45 mins got it to about 77C
OC: at 875/2050 at 1.075v i was able to run FM, Kombustor and heaven in 45 min burn in loops and saw max of 88C.

GPU WC:
stock: Idle is 27C. 45 minutes of FM got it to 32C
OC: at 900/2150 1.090v idles at 26C. 1 hour of FM burn in, heaven burn in- MAX temp 36C :cool:

2cmvz38.png

zsrgus.png

2v1vko9.png

A few mods i made to the case to fit the WC setup.

30nc411.png

this is looking up at top of the inside of the case. So you can see the holes that were drilled to allow air flow.
jrel4g.png

Soldered the fan wires to clean it up. I soldered them in parallel, in groups of 3, as to not exceed the 30Watt ratings on my board.
2q2ogih.png

whcr2p.png

Last edited:
i was interested too in buying the same kit but everywhere was sold out :/ i ended up going with this swiftek one but switching the block out for an EK HF supreme

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-H20-320-Edge-PC-Liquid-Cooling-Kit-pr-4741.html

I dont know that i trust those built in pumps. I love the mpc655's. have never had any issues with them and the adjustable speed makings bleeding a breeze. Being able to upgrade to a MPC655 for only 15$ with the kit is what sold me.
Knowing you were going to be buying another cpu block; wouldnt it have been cheaper for you to piece it together yourself?

very nice build!

Thanks!!

Back