Xtreme Music OEM or Gamer Fatal1ty Pro for VISTA

Rajveer

Limp Gawd
Ok guys I know there are many threads comparing all X-Fi model but thats not what this is about. Now then, I have a choice of the

Xtreme Music OEM (#1)
Xtreme Gamer (#2)
Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro (#3)

I'm not too keen on the Xtreme Gamer (#2) as I'd rather get the Xtreme Music OEM (#1) as it's cheaper and is a better quality board. The Xtreme Music OEM model has modded drivers for XP to install all of the Xtreme Music's features. The Fatal1ty Pro Retail version obviously comes with the required drivers.

Now with Vista, one can use the ALchemy drivers to support older DirectSound games with the retail version of the cards. However, I'm not too keen on the chances of a modified Xtreme Music driver for Vista for the OEM version. So should I go for the Fatal1ty Pro (#3)/Gamer (#2) just because I can use these drivers later on with Vista, or do you think there's a chance that the Xtreme Music OEM (#1) will get modded drivers for Vista too?

"modified driver"? I thought they all used the same driver, other than the XtremeAudio which doesn't even count as an X-Fi.

The OEM version of the Xtreme Music has some things locked out, which a modified driver can unlock. Doesn't matter anyways, decided to go with the Xtreme Gamer. :)

The OEM version of the Xtreme Music has some things locked out, which a modified driver can unlock. Doesn't matter anyways, decided to go with the Xtreme Gamer. :)

Really? Like what? Because I'm considering an OEM version myself..

Back