Yait

pjaank

[H]ard|Gawd
or, Yet Another Ipod thread. Question on battery life. My 4G 20gig seems a bit of a life sucker. I charged it up Friday, to full. It sat till I hit the road on Sunday, at which time it was down (guessing by the meter) about 20%, just for sitting! Charged it back to full last night, and then after about 4.5 hours of playing, looks to be, well, about right on (just checked it, looked like the meter jumped a bit). So, am I just being paranoid, or is this thing discharging more than normal when sitting unused?

One other point of interest - after a few days of sitting, when I fire it up, it comes up at the language selection prompt. And my backlight setting is gone.

the battery indicator is just that...an indicator and is really just a guestimate at best so I wouldn't be too worried about it...as for the going back to languages after sitting for a few days...THAT doesn't sound good and you may want to call AppleCare

Would it be better to call AppleCare, or just go into the local Apple store?

go to the apple store, but go with time on your hands. after bitching and moaning about my 3g 40gb for the longest time, i finally went to the soho store and talked with a genius. result- NEW iPod on the spot, though they talked me into applecare (something about $25 charge in lieu of shipping it myself. yeah, so that or applecare)

either way, i was completely happy with that visit. even if it did take the better part of an afternoon.

no time?- ship that puppy. call applecare, they'll send you a box for the iPod and you ship it out to them, simple as that.

Back