Year-End 75% off select PC Game Downloads @Amazon

In teh Amazon comments someone said to run it in Vista SP2 mode to get it to work in Win 7.

Thanks for the info Scratch. Its hard to pass up at that price, but I agree that the driving plays a big part in the GTA series, and everytime I watch a video review of Mafia 2 I cringe when I see the way the cars behave/react.

Additionally, Im going to get a second copy of EFLC for some crazy multiplayer (LANish) GTA madness

I don't know why people are bashing the driving in MAfia II.

To me the driving physics of Mafia I and II are a LOT better then anything in GTA.

In GTA 4 the cars felt very "Floaty" and laughable at how un-car like they could handle (look at how simple te hummer was to turn over).

In Mafia 2 the cars all feel nice and heavy, like a real car. The driving is also impacted by things such as snow/rain (which can cause you to slide, etc).

The driving just feels more realistic/right to me, not all floaty and such like GTA.

There's also an option in Mafia 2 for a more realistic driving type (which I used), so it may be more GTA like without that.

Have we tried compatibility mode? Not that stealing it wouldn't be easier i suppose...

Nah, gonna try redownloading it first because it gave me some BS about there not be room to install when it finished downloading even though there was plenty of room.

When it finishes this time if it does it again I'll give that a shot.

Been trying off and on since 2:00PST and still no luck purchasing. Just error message............

Holy crap! I'm downloading Mafia on Steam right now ($4.99) and Mafia II on Amazon ($12.50). Thanks, OP -- but damn, my wallet hurts.

Interesting. I looked at the STALKER: Call of Pripyat download page and it calls the "game" an "expansion" in the title and then has the following, in bold, in the system reqs: "Additional Info: The Loyalty edition is only playable if one of the previous Stalker versions is installed on the computer."

Expansion? And I can't tell if this download version is the "loyalty edition" or not. Anyone have an answer? Also, for anyone who might have downloaded this already what exactly is the DRM for this title? Can't be a SecuRom disk check like the hard copy was supposedly using so I wonder...

Here's the page link anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/S-T-L-K-R-Cal..._1_6?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1293209113&sr=8-6

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know why people are bashing the driving in MAfia II....

I played Mafia 2 on OnLive, and watched a handful of youtube vids, and it always amazes me how unrealistic the cars seem. The speedometer says you're going 110mph and your car looks and handles like you're doing 45mph. It doesn't look like they put any work into the physics of the cars. I'll admit that GTA can get a little over the top with the physics sometimes, but I think they are much more accurate.

On topic, I think that ArmA 2 package deal looks awesome too. Like someone else said, Biosock 2 for $5 is pretty sweet. I'm surprised by how may train simulators I've seen in sales lately. I've never realized there was a demand for that genre.

Oh well, seems bioshock 2 is for US only. That was the 1 title that made me decide to try this service. Will wait for steam I guess now...

Y.

I'm surprised by how may train simulators I've seen in sales lately. I've never realized there was a demand for that genre.

The one that got me was the bus driver simulator. Literally.. a bus. A real bus, no guns. You have a route to drive.

That MUST have been released by a transit authority somewhere.

I played Mafia 2 on OnLive, and watched a handful of youtube vids, and it always amazes me how unrealistic the cars seem. The speedometer says you're going 110mph and your car looks and handles like you're doing 45mph. It doesn't look like they put any work into the physics of the cars. I'll admit that GTA can get a little over the top with the physics sometimes, but I think they are much more accurate.

On topic, I think that ArmA 2 package deal looks awesome too. Like someone else said, Biosock 2 for $5 is pretty sweet. I'm surprised by how may train simulators I've seen in sales lately. I've never realized there was a demand for that genre.

lol, I'm not sure what settings you used, but I played Mafia II on the realistic car setting which made it more like Mafia 1. The physics were superb to me. The cars all had "weight" to them, you'd hit a curb and it could fuck you over at high speeds, just like in real life. You hit something at a high speed and it could even hurt/kill you in the car (without the car "blowing up," or anything. Take a corner at high speeds and the car would skid (depending on the weather and type of car you were driving it changes).

GTA on the other hand, just floaty physics, cars had not NEARLY enough weight to them. You could hit a curb and it'd turn over so easily from doing things.

Just my opinion, the cars in Mafia just felt "Right," for the era. All good heavy weight to them, physics that reacted more correctly to the environment (still you get weird things happening in both games).

The one that got me was the bus driver simulator. Literally.. a bus. A real bus, no guns. You have a route to drive.

I know, right? Maybe it's original purpose was to be given out by High School Guidance Councilors to the kids they don't suggest go to college. To prepare them for their exciting career at CTA.

Or maybe some people REALLY like buses... and or realistic driving. I guess.

I paid $20 for this on BF on steam! That's a deal.

just to show how good a deal this Arma2 is on Amazon.

Steam is selling the combined operations on their sale today for 33$

on Amazon combined operations is 12.50$... just wow, best sale of hte year

I've heard so many mixed reviews on ArmA 2 that I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. The other question is, would I actually be buying it to play it or would I be buying it because it's just such a good deal... hmm...

Feel free to comment.

So which games are a good deal here. Seems like ArmA 2, GTA 4, Bioshock 2, and The Witcher are looking good. What else is a good deal/game?

Thanks,, bit on CoP, been wanting that for a while

And The original, shadow of chernobyl, is only 2.90 - a definite steal.

Thanks OP, was going to get ARMA 2 from Steam today. But didn't pull the trigger because of no Arrowhead expansion pack.

Now I got both for cheap :)

Freight Tycoon puts them all to shame. Shipping, receiving, shipping... receiving.... you name it, the games got it. For $2.50, it's a must have.

I've heard so many mixed reviews on ArmA 2 that I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. The other question is, would I actually be buying it to play it or would I be buying it because it's just such a good deal... hmm...

Feel free to comment.

At this point you owe it to yourself to try it, if you haven't played Operation Flashpoint (not! dragon rising) or Arma then passing up on Arma2 would just be a shame.

the Arma Series is one of hte few true PC titles still kicking.

anyone want to tell me how I use my gift card on amazon? I redeemed it and it showes the balance but I cant choose it as an option.

^ go to checkout and it should show you that it's coming off your account balance. I just redeemed one and used it yesterday and it worked automatically.

in review and checkout page it says:

Pay with existing card

Pay with new card

No option for me to use my balance from my GC

It didn't give me an option either. Order summary on the right side should take off whatever amount you applied to your account. It shows up as "gift card -$x.xx" for me. Choose pay with existing card and go to the checkout page and it should apply your gift card.

thanks, it worked, i was just afraid of doing that before because i didnt want my credit card charged

Back