Danger Den TDX water block
Danger Den D5 pump
Black Ice Stealth GTS 120
Swiftech MCRES-Micro resevoir

5ft Tygon 1/2" tubing
Zerex Super Coolant
Plastic hose clamps
Yate Loon D12SL

How does that sound? Will it be a lot better than a top of the line air cooler? This will all go into a Lian-Li PC-7b II-Plus cooling a Conroe. I think i'll probably get a Maze 4 block for my 7900 GT as well, not sure yet. This setup should cost less than $230 shipped, or $275 or so with the maze 4. That is a big chunk of change for me, but i'd end up spending it on something else I don't need so not too big of a deal.

For a CPU only rig that sounds fine. While the idle temps will likely not be much different than highend air the load delta will be smaller and the loaded temps lower as a result.

For both the CPU and GPU I'd suggest going with a dual 120 rad to keep the loaded temps from heading into the realm of air cooled temperatures. I can pretty much guarantee that you'd be unhappy with the results of a single 120 rad.

your setup is practically like mine, same case too, lol. i have a maze4 in my loop but only cooling a X800XT at the moment but will get a X1900XT 256. c2d's run cool if i'm not mistakened so you should be good with a single 120 rad for that setup. i'm guessing you want it completely internal, thats why you went with the 120 rad in the first place.

here's my 'worklog' of it to give you a idea, my wc setup is in my sig.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1092895

my loop has changed since then and i would post updated pics but my digicam decided to die so no pics. its more or less the same just switched the outlet and inlet on the maze4 to give me more room for the pump and i added hose clamps on the rad, cpu and gpu blocks.

You could save some money by ditching the Tygon for MasterKleer. Also, if this is your first loop, get more than 5ft just in case.

That block and pump are outdated. Should be replaced with a storm and mcp355 with an alphacool top. Ditch the tygon for masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8"OD tubing at mcmaster.com. Use the savings to fund the block/pump upgrade. You'll get much better temps. ;)

Also, rlblanke is right. 5ft is barely enough if you make NO mistakes, and want no extra at the end. But if you need an extra 1" of tubing, you're screwed. Better get at least 10ft of masterkleer.

thunderstruck! said:
That block and pump are outdated. Should be replaced with a storm and mcp355 with an alphacool top. Ditch the tygon for masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8"OD tubing at mcmaster.com. Use the savings to fund the block/pump upgrade. You'll get much better temps. ;)

Also, rlblanke is right. 5ft is barely enough if you make NO mistakes, and want no extra at the end. But if you need an extra 1" of tubing, you're screwed. Better get at least 10ft of masterkleer.
While I would reccomend a storm, there are more expensive than the TDX, and the TDX is not a bad block at all.

Well, any block could be a "good" block, just stating that if he wants the best, get a storm. Sure 3-4C is little, but it's worth another $15.

I really think it doesnt make sense to get anything less than a 120x2. Sooner or later the urge will come back and youll have to upgrade something, and if you start adding blocks a 120x1 is going to kill your temps.

Back