YMMV BB Visiontek HD4850 $149

ive never seen a video card that has included a monitor cable. dvi to vga adaptor yes, but no cables.

I think this is just a cheap ploy for the stores who haven't put these on the shelves yet, to clear out un wanted inventory.

They still have 3 more in the Lacey, WA Best Buy, but YMMV as to getting them at the sale price.

I just stopped by for grins and saw the tag under an empty shelf spot. So, I asked the sales associate if they did rainchecks and when he checked the system, it showed they had 4 in stock. He snagged it from the back and brought it up front. He said something about it being a "pricing error", but they would honor it for me anyway since they hadn't pulled the tag.

Got some here in Ft-Worth,TX.........alot of them! I'd go get one but i jus got a Q9450 to replace my E6400 from Frys for $299.99 for Fadda's Day. I may take it back and get it since its not been opened yet! :confused: I already have a EVGA 8800GT so i really dont need it.

They had 6 at BB in Akron, OH. The tag said "On Sale" $149.99. It did come up at $199 but the manager changed it to $149 for me. Now I have to take back my 3870 I bought for $129 two weeks ago :)

Scott

I think this is just a cheap ploy for the stores who haven't put these on the shelves yet, to clear out un wanted inventory.
That ploy is normally used for previous generation cards and 4850 hasn't even been launched yet.

Got two for $299 at the Clackamas, OR store on 82nd Ave. They have four more. It rang up at $199 a card but the sales guy took 25% off each when I showed him the ad. I called the Beaverton, OR store and they also said they had 4 in stock.

Ok, here's why this worked:
4 weeks ago BBY cleared out all the BFG 8800gt's for 150
3 weeks ago they cleared out all of the PNY 8800GT's for 150
2 weeks ago they cleared out the 3870's for 130
and this last week they clear out all the ATi 3xxx series by putting the visiontek products (most of their ati cards) on sale for 25% off. Lo and behold, ATi screws them by releasing the 4850's early.
Technically this is a price error, but hey, I'll pwn the system whenever I can.

With the clearing out of the 8800's I wonder if they will carry the 9800GTX now that the price is lower...

Scored 1 at the Potomac Yards, VA store. A rather personable and nice Geek Squad agent (go figure!) asked me if I needed help, I asked him to look up the SKU. RSS - the real time stock system - was down at the time, so he couldn't look up stock levels.

He asked me the model, and when I told him it was the new HD 4850 he said he knew right where they were in the back. He brought two out to me saying "yeah, there's a bunch back there" but I only bought 1. I'd rather not go through the hassle and expense of upgrading my motherboard right now.

At checkout, the floor manager had no problems with giving me the 25% off Visiontek Cards from the ad paper. Bummer is I just realized I still have a $10 GC from the HD 3870 OC deal from two weeks ago.

Anyone want a barely used and not even abused 3870 for $137?

i got one in manassas va, i was told that their was 4 when i called to see if they had them, when i went to the store they were not on the shelf you need to go ask up at the geek squad counter, also make sure you show them the 25% off thing in the sale paper because it rings up $199

Anyone return the 3870 from 2 weeks ago and get charged a restocking fee?

I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow to try and return my 3870 and see if they have any 4850's in stock. But if they try to tack on the restocking fee I'll just keep the 3870.

it's been over 2 weeks since i bought my hd370.. would i be able to return my hd3870 now?

Anyone return the 3870 from 2 weeks ago and get charged a restocking fee?

I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow to try and return my 3870 and see if they have any 4850's in stock. But if they try to tack on the restocking fee I'll just keep the 3870.

it's been over 2 weeks since i bought my hd370.. would i be able to return my hd3870 now?

30 day return period. Computer Parts are not listed in the Restocking Fee section on the back of the receipt. If they gave me any flak on returning the 3870, I'd tell them that the BIOS is not within ATI's spec and it came from the factory that way - e.g. that the part is defective-ish.

That is, I have a 3870 REV1 card with the Reference-looking cooler, and it does not clock down. It's always up at a 800Mhz clock. Normally, these cards clock down to 300Mhz for 2D/low3D applications.

Im doing the same with my 3870, the only thing is that I already ordered one online and it already shipped, so I cant get one at BB.

Good news on the no restocking fee.

Now, I can only hope that my local BB has them in stock. If they don't, hopefully I can get a price match like some other people have received.

The Long Beach, CA on PCH 1 has 3 in stock. The manager initially gave me one with discount since the system is down. He said I can only do one for each customer. Fine. I came back with my cousin and this time he was a totaly a##hole. He just straight up deny my cousin. I showed him my receipt and he would not be moved. What a tool!

Hit the Best Buy at Polaris in Columbus Ohio, nothing doing there, the guy I talked to said that they were supposed to be coming in soon... anyone want to grab me one? I'll pay shipping :)

I saw one more left at the BB in Milipitas, CA today @5pm. Rang up as $199, but the manager gave me the 25% off anyway.

Mine should be walking in the door in 15 minutes... wish my 2nd board supported CF :(

Just returned from picking mine up in Stockton, CA: $149.99. :D There were about 5 more left on the shelf.

The guy in the back knew what was up, but the checker (also in the know) got questioned by the 'line leader,' who then took the 4850 to his mgr to confirm. :)

Anyhow, I totally shouldn't have bothered, since I hardly game with my 3850, but who doesn't love new (cheap!) hardware, right after a raise? :p

Does anyone know of any of these cards left in the Bay Area. I live in Sunnyvale, went to BB in Sunnyvale, called Milpitas and Union City BB and both had none.

Any ideas from you guys in the bay area?

what is this promotion of 25% your talking about, is there a coupon or is it just instore discount?

I picked up one in the steelyard BB in Cleveland. Got 3 on the shelf. No pricing, rung up at $199 but manually override it with a 25%...down to $149.99+tax, BUT I was able to squeeze in a 10% :-D Got it out the door for around $146!

what is this promotion of 25% your talking about, is there a coupon or is it just instore discount?
Did you read the original flipping post?

It contains mystical "information" which you seek....

I picked up one in the steelyard BB in Cleveland. Got 3 on the shelf. No pricing, rung up at $199 but manually override it with a 25%...down to $149.99+tax, BUT I was able to squeeze in a 10% :-D Got it out the door for around $146!

Nice Score!!!

I got the very last one in Milipitas and got the 25% discount. Now I need to find a way to get another one =/

Anyone have any idea when these are actually supposed to be in stock at BB?

According to the Geek Squadder I talked to on the phone, there's 4 available at the Janesville, WI store. She said the price was $199.99, though, so big YMMV.

Is the return policy on these that easy? I may just keep mine until my gtx 280 shows up from trade up, then return them. I guess I would probably see if I could get my $ back+shipping in the FS/FT first but, good to know anyway.

i just picked up 2 from ann arbor, mi bb . the guy easliy accepted the 25% off discount although he didn't add the 10% bb coupon, coz thats off msrp . there was one left on the shelf . final total was : $318

visiontek is going to be so pissed at BB for selling the card at such low price, even when it was not supposed to be displayed on the shelves .The employees didn't know anything about the card . they didn't know it was the newest card .

off topic.....there are 4 best buy's around my area with the card (just fiddle with the address with another items and it'll search the sku for you).....

i already have an 8800gts 512mb w/ accelero w/ 120mm and i have the cash to upgrade and sell my 800gts....but i was wondering has anyone changed the stock cooler on their 4850 yet? i really don't want anything in my computer running over 50c (temps a big deal to me)

score 2 cards out the door for $320.98 including tax.

Manalapan NJ BB has 2 left I think.

:( none in stock in Conway AR, and I'm not driving all the way to North Little Rock to check their store.

off topic.....there are 4 best buy's around my area with the card (just fiddle with the address with another items and it'll search the sku for you).....

i already have an 8800gts 512mb w/ accelero w/ 120mm and i have the cash to upgrade and sell my 800gts....but i was wondering has anyone changed the stock cooler on their 4850 yet? i really don't want anything in my computer running over 50c (temps a big deal to me)
I don't think anyone has changed it yet, but it looks very close to the 3850 card, so AccS2 will probably fit.

Back