YMMV Best Buy B&M Corsair PSU's

=HPSF=Roadrunner

Limp Gawd
I work a couple different Best Buys as a dealer rep, and I noticed today that they had Corsair 750tx and 850tx PSU's on clearance. Unfortunately the store I was at was out of both, but there system showed some in stock in my area. Once I secure one for myself, I will post more info on what that area is. Prices were about $90 for the 850tx and $111 for the 750tx. I haven't seen then that low, without a rebate. Don't ask me why the 850 was cheaper than the 750. That's BB for you...

The best buy by me doesn't even carry pc parts anymore. There's only one place in my city that I can actually get pc parts at now. But great deal if you can find them!

hmm, dont need one, maybe ill pop in to pdate some people if they are in my area...

The 750tx is showing up at $119.99 at bestbuy.com. I guess of you can't find it in store you could just order it. But if you were going to order it Newegg has it for $109.99 - $10 promo (EMCYXNZ26) - $20 MIR rebate for a total of $79.99.

I was just at my local BB last weekend and they had a 750tx on the shelf. I was looking for an 850W+ to cover down for my PSU while it was away for RMA. I remember the 750tx having a decent price, but I don't remember specifically what.

Yeah, it may not be a stellar deal, but it's before rebate, which I consider a HUGE plus. I'm gonna see if I can get a rebate anyway, wtf? Also, retail convenience does count for something, sometimes. So far, I have been able to find the 750 on the shelf, but of course, this store shows a different price (non clearance about $99 iirc). The store I was working at (RIverdale, Coon Rapids MN) was the store I saw the clearance tags. In retrospect, I wish I would've grabbed the tags, since they were out of stock of both, but I imagine I could get the easiest price match at another store if I had the actual sku-tags. I'm gonna use my amazing rep powers to try and get the clearance price on the 850, which was $90, while the 750 was $100 on clearance. Gotta love the BB corporate model eh?

Ok, I had to revive this thread, only because I had one of those Zen-like BB success stories. I'm the OP on this thread, and I never got a unit, though I saw them on sale at one store (stock was gone). I waited to post, because there was one in 'the system' close by. Unfortunately, the gift card I was expecting only came the other day. I was certain the deal was dead, but I was in the area, gift card in pocket. Sure enough, there was still one 850tx left on the shelf, though still price (non-clearance) at $134. At the customer service desk, the lady was having trouble finding at the price I saw it,and was starting to say how they don't adjust prices for some markets. But she ended up saying she'd do it 'this time'. So, I got the 850xt for $96 after tax. I had a $50 gift card from my fiber optic service, and had to recycle 2 small old TV's ($10 each=2x $10 BB gift cards) so after that only $26.

I also REALLY needed a new PSU. I see what all the fuss is about now!

Oops! SOrry, I meant to reply, that I am in the Twin CIties metro area, MN and scoured the system in the northern metro pretty well. I think it's not even in the computer system anymore, because last time I checked, it wasn't showing up, only the new Corsair models that BB carries. Your best bet,to still find this deal, is to look. If you're near a BB, stop in and look. You'll most likely have to use the "I saw it at another store" line, and be vague about which store, give them an area with a lot of BB's nearby, so they might check more stores to confirm the price. Good Luck!

Back