You can play Co-op BF2 against bots.

kelbear

[H]ard|Gawd
This allows you to practice flying planes and helicopters with your friends against moving enemies without having to fight/tk teammates to get a vehicle.

Install Hamachi (Free, and less than 1mb download), it allows you to create a virtual LAN with your friends. It's quite secure, you can google for the various compliments it gets on security. http://www.hamachi.cc/

1) Using hamachi go to "Create New Network" and enter a name for your LAN, and a password. These are case-sensitive.

2) Your friends go to join network and enter the name and password. That's it, you're all connected on a LAN, and each gets a hamachi-specific IP address.

3) Start a single-player game

4) Your friends just go to the multiplayer tab, then to connect to IP. They enter your IP and you're all now playing single-player together against bots. Enjoy!

By the way, Hamachi is great for setting up lan play in other games as well.

I also found this Co-op mod(Written by a guy named "Codebasher". It's a mod and won't affect your normal BF2 files. What this mod does is it supplies modified singleplayer maps so you can play with 32 bots and with expanded territory. He also adds aircraft in places as well.

http://users.on.net/~codebasher/

Too bad EA/DICE chose not to give us Co-op right out of the box. Codebasher's words:

"Q: Why did you write this

A: Because EA and DICE are a worthless collection of cheap miserable bastards."

Nice...it would be cool to play with my coworkers at lunch using bots...like we could back in the old Quake days. Too bad we all still need to have our own copy to start the game...

You can do this without any between software.....just start a singleplayer game in BF2 and then have whoever wants to join put in the lan IP of you computer into the "join server" box. Off you go to battle...

I don't agree that they are cheap miserable bastards. They still gave us one of the most compelling multiplayer games with a ton of environments and things that we can do in game, that I have ever played.

its more EA's fault for rushing DICE to meet the release date....give the game another year of patches and then it'll be smooth

hungryduck said:
You can do this without any between software.....just start a singleplayer game in BF2 and then have whoever wants to join put in the lan IP of you computer into the "join server" box. Off you go to battle...

Yep, the only reason Hamachi is being mentioned is so that you can play with friends who aren't on a LAN with ya.

Back