Your first video card

sKiTz0

Gawd
first cards i had that i remember were diamond stealth series cards.. first real 3d accelerated gaming card was a voodoo 3 2000.

geforce 4 ti 4200... i thot it was the best money could buy, lol

-warsaw

first video card? ... would have to of been some trident 1mb VLB card...

first 3d accel card that i bought from a store? .. a voodoo 3 3k...

Originally posted by Morpheus256

as for the banshee i got one sitting on my desk at work that was given to me, i just have to remmeber to bring it home, and add it to my vd collection

Guess that banshee should've used some protection. Interesting collection, BTW, I'll bet it doesn't impress the ladies though... at least not in a good way.

:D

Yeah after I got my stealth II s220 got the 6mb canopus 3dfx... man was that a sweet card. Loved it the first time I played minigl quake at about 24fps.

Diamond Stealth 2000 4mb PCI, still have that card. Yeah Baby, Get ready for triple monitors set up.

Dimond Steath 64 and the Monster 3D 4mb!!!
Quake never looked so good!!!!

3dfx Voodoo Banshee replaced my S3 Virge 3d deccelerator so I could play Dark Force Jedi Knight.

First Video device: Trident onboard chip 2MB

First Video card: S3 ProSavage 8MB

First real 3D gaming card: ATI Radeon 8500 128MB

First Video Device I remember was an ATI mach 64 2 mb
First 3d Accel. Card was a Savage4 8mb than a quick upgrade to a Voodoo3 2000
Current card: Geforce 4 Ti 4600
As you can see, I have no bias towards a company. Whatever works

First Video Card: Riva TNT 16MB
First Good Video Card: GeForce2 Pro 64MB
Current Card: Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB

First Video Card: Riva TNT 16MB
First Good Video Card: GeForce4 4600 128MB
Current Card: ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB

I had some old pos cards in my 386 and 486 machine. Than in my 133 machine i had a Cirus Logic 1mb pci card, which i still have and use it if i ever need a video card to test something, decade old and still running. My first true 3d card was a Voodo 5 5500, than i got a Geforce 2 TI after i knocked some resistors off the voodoo with a floppy cable because it was so damn big, than i got my 9600 pro i have today

First Video Card: oh damn.. i dont even remember.. onboard probley.. or ATI rage.. or a tnt2.. i dont know what windows 3.1 ran on or my first comp with windows 95.. hmm..
First Good Video Card: Geforce 2
Current Video Card: Geforce 4 TI 4200

I think the first video card my room mate in college bought was a Diamond something or other using an S3 trio chipset.

My first store bought video card was an nvidia Riva32 with 4mb ram. It kinda sucked. ONly did D3D, no openGL support
lol, anyone remember rivazone.com?

Then I got an ATI AIW Rage128 card with 16mb.
then a GF2 mx400- 64mb
then my GF4 ti4400 - 128mb
Now I got a radeon 9800 on the way.

Diamond Monster 3D (3dfx VoodooGraphics -4MB EDO)
3dfx Voodoo3 2000 PCI @ 3000 speeds

My first video card was a Trident brand that had 1MB of Video memory and the chipset was a Permedia2 I think. My first gaming video card was the Diamond Viper V770Ultra when it first came out.

First Video Device: Onboard Intel Extreme Graphics 4MB

First Video Card: 3DFX Voodoo 3 3500 16MB w/ TV out

That voodoo 3 ran NFS4, UT, Theif II, and even Mechwarrior 4 like a champ! I loved that card. :)

Gawd, I must be old.

First video card was a generic CGA 4 color ISA video card back in 1986.

Hehe, I think I win :)

The 4 colors were

Cyan
Magenta
Black
White

Games didn't look to good.

16 color EGA came around about that time and when it did, my eyes fell out of their sockets - gawd almighty, 16 f***ing colors !! OMFG !

Resolution was about 320x200 for most games.

I'm probably the oldest person here - 37 :)

My first video card was a crappy Intel w/4 mb of RAM mated to a 350 Mgz PII slot 1. Hee hee!

Mmmm...My Half-Life rig...

ATI Rage IIC, 2MB of Video Ram.

When that pissed me off too much...

Guillemot TNT2Ultra, 32MB. So I could play Falcon 4.

When that fried...

Verta GeForce 2, 64MB.

When I LOST that card at a lanparty :p

GeForce 4 MX440

When I fried that one from overclocking...

Powercolor 9600Pro, 128mb.

ATi All-In-Wonder Mach64+DVD 4MB
then...
Diamond Viper II 32MB
now...
PNY GeForce3

Diamond Stealth 3 S540 ( and damn proud! ).

Gee, there sure are a lot of diamond cards being listed here.

The only good gaming card I first bought was the voodoo 2 12 meg card and that was like 6 months ago :D. It was doing as well as my freaking gf 2 mx 400 64 meg sdram in Tribes 1... Then I bought my gf 2 gts 32 meg ddr card and I took my voodoo out of my case because the gts just owns it so badly.

~Adam

First vid card was a 256k Cirrus Logic card :D
First one I got for gaming was an ATi card, was 16mb but I don't recall what it was called..
Current cards are a GF4 Ti4600 and an 9800 XT is on its way soon :)

ati rage 128(i think)(75mhz core 100mhz memory----->100core 125memory) in a celeron 300, it owned at the time.

First card was a 1 Mb Number Nine card (payed for the upgrade from the 512kb version to help doom fly!)

Finally replaced that with a 4Mb nVidia riva 128 card, and followed nvidia ever since - 8Mb nVidia TNT PCI, 16Mb gf2mx, 64Mb gf2 Ti, staying on a gf4 Ti 4200 for now.

The video card in my first own computer was a Spea Mirage V64 PCI 2MB.

Back