Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

wow base on the pictures. It doesnt even look like a 17" haha but other than that nice new Sony laptop :D

Looks sleek and stylish and that glossy look makes it even better

Got the new laptop.. haven't got a chance to play with it much and try out any games, but it's pretty nice. I am definitely impressed by the Asus quality.

Asus F8Sn-A1 14'' WXGA
1.66 Ghz Core2
3GB DDR2
9500M GS 512MB
250GB HDD
DVDRW
Wireless A/B/G/N/BT
1.3MP Webcam
etc...

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

omg ASUS are now hooked up with 9500GS? Then again i'm not sure which is better.. 8600M GT or that... but nice ASUS.. welcome to the ASUS family :) you definately won't be disappointed

i'm loving that blue power button.. wish my ASUS had something like that :(

Yeah the blue power button is pretty hawt looking.

But the 9500GS and 8600GT are about on par with each other from the looks of the benchmarks. I posted the results in another thread somewhere in the laptop forum. In some cases the 9500 does better, and in others the 8600 does better. I know it can be overclocked pretty far though. It scores over 4000 in 3Dmark06 overclocked. I'd say its probably one of the more powerful 14'' and under sized laptops.

$1019 shipped from GenTech
2yr warranty from Asus
1yr accidental damage from Asus

Not again what? Ive posted the pic once, in the Eee thread, its not been spammed all over.

Not again what? Ive posted the pic once, in the Eee thread, its not been spammed all over.
He's referring to your rifle. Some people insist on taking pics of their systems with firearms "oh, did I just casually leave this little ol' thing here?" on their desks. I don't mind, 'cuz I love guns. You're serving the country, so I say 'Semper Fi!' Never go into combat without your mini laptop!!

OIC. Could have taken it with a M240 if that would be better. Guess its better than taking a ton of pics of alternate angles like its a car. :eek: Oh well, I took my Eee out to the field with me to Quantico. Its the perfect field laptop, so small, lasts for so long on a single charge, and fits in my cargo pocket.

^_^ Just so you know I wasn't putting you down at all for showing your Eee with your rifle. I just recalled a huuuuge long argument in the Workstation 2008 thread with people bitching about people doing that. Posting their rig with their firearms. I just got a good chuckle out of it

Well, to be blunt, I dont care what anyone thinks about it. :shrug: Anyone who wants to argue about whats in a pic, is pretty silly to me (to put it nicely). I took a few pics of it to show its size with several things. My boots.. flak, other laptop, etc. Just happen to post the pick with my A4.

I recently sold my desktop and picked up an m9750.
TOP.jpg

HEAD.jpg

KEYBOARD.jpg

DESK1.jpg

Specs:
Windows Vista® Home Premium
Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology - Stealth Black
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7400 2.16GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 1024MB
120GB 7,200RPM (8MB Cache)
120GB 7,200RPM (8MB Cache)
8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) w/ LightScribe Technology
Internal Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card
High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Those big, 17" DTR "laptops" aren't my style, but I must confess that I really like that Alienware 9750. :D

looks good I should be getting one of those soon. I think I'm gonna go for the red. Really wish they had more color choices for the cps line. Is that the blue one? I thought it was lighter.
If you had bothered to read his link you'd have seen that it's the black one.

If you had bothered to read his link you'd have seen that it's the black one.

You misread the review then, because that pictures is of the blue one (as he also noted).
Also, a very nice read about the 1330 v. the Macbook, those are the two I am debating and it has shown me a few things I had question about.

whats the resolution and specs? :eek:

Windows Vista® Home Premium
Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7950 GTX - SLI Enabled
17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology - Stealth Black
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7400 2.16GHz 4MB Cache 667MHz FSB
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 1024MB
120GB 5400RPM (8MB Cache)
120GB 5400RPM (8MB Cache)
8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) w/ LightScribe Technology
Internal Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card
High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Here is my new Vostro 1500 (with 1650X1050) sitting next to my new Inspiron 1520 (with 1200X800) for the wife.
Thats my Cosmos Beast in the background

jdmaincompandlaptops.jpg

Anyone know what wallpapers are those?
I really like the eye and grass field wallpaper?
I know the grass field is definitely not included with the vista os.

You misread the review then, because that pictures is of the blue one (as he also noted).
Also, a very nice read about the 1330 v. the Macbook, those are the two I am debating and it has shown me a few things I had question about.

Correct, it's the blue one, and it is quite dark. Much more so than the Dell site shows. I like it a lot.

I did have a black one though, it just had problems so I sent it back, though the photos are of the blue one.

Got the new laptop.. haven't got a chance to play with it much and try out any games, but it's pretty nice. I am definitely impressed by the Asus quality.

Asus F8Sn-A1 14'' WXGA
1.66 Ghz Core2
3GB DDR2
9500M GS 512MB
250GB HDD
DVDRW
Wireless A/B/G/N/BT
1.3MP Webcam
etc...

The m51SN I bought is almost identical specs to this, but with a 15" instead. It's got a numpad too, which I enjoy.

I'll upload some pics later, I really like this thing :). But I might upgrade the CPU to a 8xxx or 9xxx series Core2, not sure yet though. It's ran all the games I normally play quite well. Might not even need to upgrade it.

my new laptop, i just got it for college

100_0220.jpg

100_0221.jpg

Honestly, i just bought this because it looked so damn nice and had 4GB of RAM on vista 64, so it was a good buy. Although I would have rather gone with a C2D, the Turion TL-62 is not that bad.

Back