Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

i have used it , but i honestly didnt like it :( , im using the new aim beta an yahoo works out fine for me i like having 2 lists anyways lol

Acer aspire 5920g @ my home away from home rig mostly used for light gaming and surfing and of course the dog which loves to sit on the chair as soon as get of it

yeah love lights very are cool love the media player controls on the right side verry well thought off

Mostly used VAIO's... they're small and they don't cost too much.

From left to right: Sony VAIO PCG-C1MVP, PCG-TR3AP and VGN-TZ240N/B

My D630 and new Lenovo S10

DSC_6259.JPG

DSC_6263.JPG

DSC_6265.JPG

DSC_6264.JPG

DSC_6258.JPG

DSC_6261.JPG

wow the new S10 looks nice... looks solid on the build.. how well does it run?

My fiancee had a nc6230 till we upgraded her to an inspirion 1525 (ruby red). those NCs are good solid laptops.

I would like a new laptop, but until my old one dies I just can't see any reason to upgrade. Anyway, it is a Sony Vaio PCG-Z1WA. I purchased it when I was a senior in high school, so that puts it at just shy of 5 years old.

dsc01507tz1.jpg

dsc01513wb0.jpg

dsc01515hn6.jpg

dsc01516ql5.jpg

dsc01517un1.jpg

Here's my Acer Aspire One next to my old 14" HP laptop

vs 14" laptop again (thickness comparison)

With the lids closed

Next to a normal sized book

vs my cellphone

The baseline Aspire One model which I bought was the equivalent of US$290 incl shipping. It comes with 8GB SSD, 512MB RAM (upgradeable to 1.5GB) and 3-cell battery. There are a few vartions, for example you can go with 1GB RAM (512MB soldered on, 512MB So-DIMM in the single RAM slot), 16GB SSD or 120GB/160GB harddrive and you can get a 6-cell battery (battery life is only 2.5 hours with the 3-cell). Looks like the top of the line model is about $399.

My mother in law took my T61, and we all know what that means: A new laptop!

So, I grabbed a Samsung NC10. Only real complaint so far is that the SDHC won't fit flush.

Displays.jpg

NC10.jpg

T61pNC10-resolutions.jpg

T61pNC10-closed.jpg

T61pNC10-overhead.jpg

T61pSDHCFlush.jpg

NC10SDHCnotFlush.jpg

hows the battery life on the samsung NC10? I heard it can last up to 6-8 hours with WIFI on..

got this HP DV9000T for 250$ on craigslist , what a steal - guy did not know what he had... audio ports were busted , but 6$ fix!

Core 2 Duo 2Ghz
2gb ram
160gb hd
dvdrw
17"
7600go

hows the battery life on the samsung NC10? I heard it can last up to 6-8 hours with WIFI on..

I'd believe it.

I was getting it to say 6 and a half with lowered brightness (which is still pretty bright) and wifi on.

Turned WiFi off and I was on the upper end of 7 hours.

Definitely a good purchase so far, other than some minor issues (SDHC card doesn't fit flush, weak speakers)

Can someone do a comparison between the Wind and the AAO stacked on top of each other with the picture looking down to compare L x W?

got this HP DV9000T for 250$ on craigslist , what a steal - guy did not know what he had... audio ports were busted , but 6$ fix!

Core 2 Duo 2Ghz
2gb ram
160gb hd
dvdrw
17"
7600go

Nice find wish I could find something like that.

agreed...the hp 1000 looks damn nice and the keyboard layout is just as nice too. finally a good netbook keyboard?

Well IMO, the Aspire One and MSI Wind also have great keyboards. I have no problem touch typing on my AAO and while I only tried the Wind for a few minutes in a store, its keyboard also felt like something I could get used to typing on. It's really only the first EeePC's that featured unusable keyboards with too small keys :)

Back