Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

Yeah the laptop is very well designed and built. If I had the money, I'd put the full 8GB of RAM in here and upgrade to the quad-core option (QX9300).

sorry for the crappy cameraphone picture - digital batteries always run out on me at the wrong time!!!

had this for a couple of months now...fairly basic laptop here, but it does everything i need and i only paid £500 for it...when i specced it on the dell site it was coming in around £800 so i think i got a good deal.

+ inspiron 1525 with intel core 2 duo t8300
+ 4gb memory and 320gb sata hard drive
+ 15.4" 1440x900 screen and integrated graphics
+ dvd-rw, 4x usb, firewire, vga, s-video and hdmi
+ ethernet, modem, wireless and bluetooth
+ dual headphone, mic in and memory card reader
+ webcam with stereo mic
+ touch sensitive media controls
+ remote control

18012009et9.jpg

nice welcome to the mac world... you definitely see the difference of having a mac over a pc laptop XD

sex in a box.

and moths left in your wallet after you buy it lol

its always funny to think about. you could buy a much better laptop for half the price, but they always look like ass. i can use my gateway FX for example...nothing like fake carbon fiber pattern with a spattering of orange :p

that is fucking awesome.

QFMFT

And yeah, I'm late to the party considering he posted those pics what, almost two months ago, but even so. Absolutely fucking awesome job, altmann, damned damned impressive stuff. I've got an HP "Business Class" laptop, the nx7400, love it to death, did a full upgrade from the stock WXGA+ LCD to a WXSGA+ and now considering the bump to WUXGA+ - 1920x1200 is just too damned awesome to pass up, even on a 15.4" LCD. :)

I'm hoping to come up with something creative for mine and do a nice custom paint job/theme someday myself. Was thinking Hummer "yellow and black" but not like yours with the hazard stripes look.

Beautiful beautiful job on that thing, really.

and moths left in your wallet after you buy it lol

its always funny to think about. you could buy a much better laptop for half the price, but they always look like ass. i can use my gateway FX for example...nothing like fake carbon fiber pattern with a spattering of orange :p

Actually I only paid $1650 total for it, so maybe just baby moths in my wallet. The most expensive notebook so far was the Toughbook CF30.

Awesome TT, although not quite my color as a guy, personally. I plan on getting a TT when I start my phD studies in the fall of next year. Maybe by then, a new rendition will be out of the TT.

I should really start taking pics when it's daylight. Oh well, at least I found my tripod, nice crystal clear photos :D

Laptop is a souped up Everex XT5000T (Upgraded to 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 320GB 7200RPM hard disk, and a better wifi card).

22890819.jpg

31158363.jpg

And a bonus! A friend asked me to take a look at his MacBookPro, I couldn't resist this shot :p
65218457.jpg

Yes, I agree - Very nice laptops. I really need to get a new one. And, Unknown-One nice Everex - Ive actually never seen one in person, before - it looks nice. But, what are all the 9 status lights for?

Yes, I agree - Very nice laptops. I really need to get a new one. And, Unknown-One nice Everex - Ive actually never seen one in person, before - it looks nice. But, what are all the 9 status lights for?
  • AC Power
  • Battery
  • "Quiet Mode" (keeps the fan spun down and the CPU at 800MHz)
  • Hard Disk Activity
  • Touchpad Enabled/Disabled
  • Wifi Enabled/Disabled
  • Caps Lock
  • Num Lock
  • Scroll Lock

That's a slick looking laptop, how much did it run you?
With that 9500m, what's gaming like?

The 9500m games quite well. I have that nvidia chip in my Asus F8Sn laptop. You can run CS:Source or TF2 at 1280x800 full settings (minus the anti-aliasing) and it is pretty much lag free. It does CUDA and DXVA for high def video offloading as well. :cool:

IN that last picture, the hinge look jacked. lol.

It is. This thing survived a couple drops (as you can tell from the second picture too). The cap on the right there has a nice little crack in it. It still opens and closes find and you would never know without looking at it.

to both of you, thats my close friend, my "sister" she gave me her picture few days ago

thanks ! hope you get yours soon and have fun with it :)

wow she is smoking :eek::eek::eek::eek:

got the laptop gonna post pics when i get it back later on today ;)

added another to my collection, an MSI MS-1651, for some gaming and Linux.

My pictures didn't turn out that well...not sure why. Odds are my wife changed my settings and I was too lazy to notice before taking them, and now I'm definitely too lazy to take the pictures again the right way.

Workstation-022409.jpg

Screens.jpg

Open.jpg

Right.jpg

Left.jpg

Rear.jpg

My only real regret with the system is the screen. WXGA is a far cry from WUXGA, and the gloss works against me more than it works for me. But, I have my Thinkpad for the things I need high res for - it's the daily driver; the 1651 is the convertible I only drive on the weekends. (I guess that makes the NC10 the bike I ride when I say "it's only 3 blocks away, it's not worth it to drive")
Resolutions.jpg

Back