Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • As long as they aren't stupid looking

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

Rock&Roll

[H]ard|Gawd
Totally not meant to be a serious thread. I'm just curious how many people share the same opinion as me about the gawdy stickers a lot of AIB's put on their video card heatsinks.

IMO, I think the XFX stickers are passable on the 5xxx series and that the ones on the HIS and Sapphire cards really lack taste. However, I really prefer the Asus's sticker, or no sticker at all.

It don't matter to me, the heatsinks come off my graphics cards right away anyway for water blocks.

Before water (years ago) i didn't care anyway because the sticker faces down in the case and I can't see it anyway.

All depends on the graphics. If they are gawdy, remove them. My XFX is fine, and even so you can't see then once it is installed.

I pulled all the stickers off my 5850's, 8800GT's, and 8800GTS. I just have to remember to post pics when I put some of them up in FS/FT.

I voted "don't care" because Stock cooling never stays on my video cards.

I put my own stickers on. Right now I have My Little Pony and Hello Kitty. A few hearts too.

NO stickers the current Fermi gtx 480 with just a simple EVGA logo is beautiful! :D

I like the flames that are displayed on the stickers of my GTX 480.
Wait... actually there are no stickers on my video card! :eek:

really doesn't matter to me since i can't see the sticker anyway when it's on my case and it has a side window.

@RadXge

"I like the flames that are displayed on the stickers of my GTX 480.
Wait... actually there are no stickers on my video card! "

HA!

And that's not a lightning sticker. It's raw power being drawn directly from the outlet.

I see absolutely no point in applying stickers other than to reduce an AIB's profit margins. I dare say no PC user is impressed with an intimidating-looking sticker.

AIBs need ditch the stickers and shave the price they charge distributors by the cost of designing and printing that sticker so I can, hopefully, pay less for the card.

I love the way Asus's reference 5870 looks. No stupid graphics, just their name. For me, simplicity is king.

vcwgzp.jpg

VRROOOOOOOOOOM

I take the same approach to stickers on my case as to logos on my clothing. I'm sure the company gets lots of ways and opportunities to advertise and don't need me to be a walking billboard for them. If I want to know who made my shirt for some unexplicable reason, I'll check the tag or in the pc equivilent devmgmt.msc or msinfo32...

Back