YY-0221 Drive rails

Mellman

Limp Gawd
well...i dont have any drive rails for my 0221...so I need to get some somehow...somewhere. Does anyone know about a place that will sell drive rails? Im sure they're not brand specific, but maybe they are.

thanks for the help

EDIT ANSWER

.for those reading this who have the same dillema as me. To get repalcement rails, contact Gigacase (www.gigacase.com) I have been emailing [email protected] Their site has been down for a while now. Just tell her what you want, she'll give it to you, it takes a day + to respond....

Mellman said:
well...i dont have any drive rails for my 0221...so I need to get some somehow...somewhere. Does anyone know about a place that will sell drive rails? Im sure they're not brand specific, but maybe they are.

thanks for the help

I used to own a YY-0221, and I wasn't sure, but the rails didn't look like anything I had seen out of other cases. Have you thought about emailing Yeong Yang directly to see what they say? I'm assuming you bought it used if you don't have any drive rails, so I guess getting a retailer to help you is out of the question.

cornelious0_0 said:
I used to own a YY-0221, and I wasn't sure, but the rails didn't look like anything I had seen out of other cases.

I was afraid of that :( Yeah i have emailed YY about it...even gave directron a try too hoping they'd have contacts to get them...grrr

-Matt

Mellman said:
I was afraid of that :( Yeah i have emailed YY about it...even gave directron a try too hoping they'd have contacts to get them...grrr

-Matt

Let us know what you find out, it's one hell of a case, and it'd be a shame to have it out of commision because of something like this. Why don't you have the drive rails again?

Couldn't you just make your own?
I mean I wouldn't think it's that difficult to make them.
I plan to once I decide how I'm building my new case and with what materials.

I'll be sure to post when i get the situation resolved.

Yes i can make my own, but i'd rather not have to go through the hassle, when i've got enough other mod work to get done on the case, it'd just be one less thing to worry about, so unless they want like $10 a pair or something for them....its worth my money to save the time. I've made plenty of other cases and custom mount jobs, something like this its much easier to have it prefabbed if i can :)

Hoping someone will read this and have already been through this

Mellman said:
I'll be sure to post when i get the situation resolved.

Yes i can make my own, but i'd rather not have to go through the hassle, when i've got enough other mod work to get done on the case, it'd just be one less thing to worry about, so unless they want like $10 a pair or something for them....its worth my money to save the time. I've made plenty of other cases and custom mount jobs, something like this its much easier to have it prefabbed if i can :)

Hoping someone will read this and have already been through this

Best of luck to you, whichever way you end up having to go with it.

Do drive rails correspond to its own cases? I've got 4 sets of them for my A-Top XBlade case that I don't use. and a bunch for mounting hard drives.

typically they're all different...i could measure the width of my drive rails and maybe they'd work with the ones you have...not sure.

Mellman said:
typically they're all different...i could measure the width of my drive rails and maybe they'd work with the ones you have...not sure.

Dunno though, it might be just easier to make your own, because the drive rails from the YY-0221 actually screw into the case itself, so I dont even see why you really need them. I never tried, but could you just whip something up like some kind of "adapter" or spacer of sorts to screw the drives straight into the case?

They screw into the case? you happen to have any pics, because that doesnt sound like my 5.25" bays...i know the HDD cages in the back the drives screw directly in...but on my 5.25" bays its definetly just a slot for rails to slide into...

Mellman said:
They screw into the case? you happen to have any pics, because that doesnt sound like my 5.25" bays...i know the HDD cages in the back the drives screw directly in...but on my 5.25" bays its definetly just a slot for rails to slide into...

Take off the front bezel of the case and look beside each drive bay.....I'm pretty sure that the rails screw onto the drive, and then you have to screw them into the case. The rails have little "lips" on them that hook around teh front of the case, and you screw the lips to the case itself.

I contacted YY, who referred me to Gigacase, who appears to be their US affiliate.

in any case, gigacase informed me that the drive rails cost $3 per pair...a tad pricey IMHO...but what am i gonna do? they havn't told me how to order them yet, and no idea on shipping...so when i figure that out I'll update again.

-Matt

How do I go about finding out who made my case? I'd like to see if I can get a new side for it.

Mellman said:
I contacted YY, who referred me to Gigacase, who appears to be their US affiliate.

in any case, gigacase informed me that the drive rails cost $3 per pair...a tad pricey IMHO...but what am i gonna do? they havn't told me how to order them yet, and no idea on shipping...so when i figure that out I'll update again.

-Matt

Find out what you can, but in a situation like this I typically end up forking over the cash to get it over with.

Moose777 said:
How do I go about finding out who made my case? I'd like to see if I can get a new side for it.

If it's some generic beige case you're probly out of luck, but if it's a pre-mod or a generic Cheiftec style case then you can still often find panels for them. Got a pic of it to make it easier?

cornelious0_0 said:
If it's some generic beige case you're probly out of luck, but if it's a pre-mod or a generic Cheiftec style case then you can still often find panels for them. Got a pic of it to make it easier?
Yeah, but it doesn't look the same as before I started modding it.

It used to be an off white color though.

Side I want to replace:
PICT0113.jpg

Front:
PICT0116.jpg

The place where the front fan is used to be solid till I put the big ass ffan in there.

I doubt these pics will do you any good though since the case has been changed so much in the past 3 weeks.

I just did this to it over the weekend.

PICT0013.jpg

cornelious0_0 said:
Find out what you can, but in a situation like this I typically end up forking over the cash to get it over with.

Yeah...I may end up getting an additional side panel to play with while modding...

Mellman said:
Yeah...I may end up getting an additional side panel to play with while modding...

Man, stop it....you're REALLY making me want to switch back to the YY-0221 to put my watercooling in.....cus there's SOOO much more room there then in my Lian-Li. :p

Gah, now you've got me thinking about IT too much.....thx. :rolleyes: :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Man, stop it....you're REALLY making me want to switch back to the YY-0221 to put my watercooling in.....cus there's SOOO much more room there then in my Lian-Li. :p

Gah, now you've got me thinking about IT too much.....thx. :rolleyes: :p

HAHA nice! yeah its a bug, this case is just so sexy...unfortunatly they want $35 for the side panel...considering i paid $50 for the entire case, just a window instead of no window....and an extra $20 for the drive rails...thats a bit much for me, hell if i get too annoyed at it I'll get some scrap steel, and weld it in place, sand it out to match, and make it look like it was never cut out, and then do what i want. Its going to all be painted a different color anyways.

I kindof want a second YY case now to play with :-x

in any case...for those reading this who have the same dillema as me. To get repalcement rails, contact Gigacase (www.gigacase.com) I have been emailing [email protected] Their site has been down for a while now. Just tell her what you want, she'll give it to you, it takes a day + to respond....

I'll edit my original post for those who actually use the search function :)

I'm assuming you got the case through a private deal then.....either that or prices are WAY down....cus I remember paying just over $300 CDN after shipping and all for mine. :(

yeah I bought it used. I think they're about $200 USD shipped now...somone here is selling theirs for $160 shipped.

Mellman said:
yeah I bought it used. I think they're about $200 USD shipped now...somone here is selling theirs for $160 shipped.

That's alright, I'm gonna switch to a 3.5" dual bayres soon or setup a fillpoint (and move my cdrom to the bottom 5.25" bay) so that my DTek Heatercore fits inside my little Lian-Li PC60. :D

Back