Z-560 Subwoofer Died

TESLA

Gawd
I have yet to find a hair dryer to open the casing, and thus I am currently unable to correctly diagnose the problem myself.

I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else on these forums?

I do not see any damage on the speaker, and the way the subwoofer cut out does not lead me to believe that the speaker is broken.

Furthermore, the amplifier appears to be in good standing as the rest of the speakers feed from the said unit, and they work fine, or am I wrong about this?

My guess is that I blew a fuse leading to the subwoofer.

Anyone else have any ideas?

The speakers were cheap, but I never give up this easily when something craps out on me.

Plus, if it is the fuse I should be able to replace it for a few dollars.

Thanks.

It could still be the amp. Can you touch the driver or do you need to take it apart to do so? If so, see if it will freely move in and out. Did you smell epoxy when it cut out? Were you playing it particularly loud?

Fuse? Maybe. From my experience, it doesn't seem very likely. But it's possible.

Are there two amplifiers inside the casing?

The speaker is fine; it moves in and out without any trouble.

I have had several subwoofers go on me in the past and it was always a quick fix with a new fuse.

In fact, I did some research and the speaker on my model/manufacture date is actually rated to handle a higher powered amplifier than the one supplied.

I am looking for experiences and not really troubleshooting, to be honest.

The subwoofer went out cleanly, which is what leads me to believe it was the fuse.

I just hope the fuse is accessible.

Also, the music was being played for many (5+) hours straight, but not at any particularly high volumes.

I also understand that some of these subwoofer problems originate with a faulty resistor on the control board. I’ll go ahead and replace that as well.

Still under warranty?

I have heard of TONS of cases where EXACTLY that happened. Logitech RMAed all the systems that did this and replaced them with Z-5500's

My 2 cents ;)

Back