Z-680's up and died on me (@ least i hope not)

I have my Z680's hooked up to my dvd player in my room with my tv beside it(using optical input). I was just watching spiderman and went to go have dinner, so I paused it and turned off my tv. I came back from dinner and pressed play (& turned on tv), only to find nothing. No sound, nada. I then tried the regular 3.5mm plugs and hooked it up to my laptop, and nothing. I tried hooking my mp3 player up to the plug in the front, and nothing. I checked the mute, it was off.

I tried powering everything down, and back up. Still nothing.
Somes times when i cycle through the inputs, I pass by coax, and it selects an effect, even though nothing is connected to the dcoax.

I used to get feedback(when touching the jacks) on the speakers when it was set on 6-channel direct, but now when i select that, and touch the speaker leads (the jacks) it doesn't give any feedback (low buzz noise). The only time i hear anything is when I hook my laptop into the microphone jack, and it makes some loud feedback (which is where i'm not supposed to be connecting it at all!!)

I've tried jacking the volume to hear any feedback.... still nothing.

Anybody, your thoughts?

I'm sure alot of people here will mention that the 680's tend to burn sometimes. I would call Logitech support and see if they can help fix it over the phone, my guess is that you'll have to RMA it though. Don't sweat about that, you just have to ship your control pod, remote, and ac cable from the sub and they'll send you a replacement system in about a week. Good luck! I love my 680s, even though they died on me once, Logitech had me back up and running in no time :)

Well, i'll give em a call tomorrow when i'm @ work... or monday. I hope it's just the control pod. Seems like something really simple. There should be a reset switch or something to fix this, cuz it seems like it's working.. just no sound comes out.

Back