z5500 & Xfi digital connection?

Stimz

Limp Gawd
I'm wanting to hook up my z5500s to my Xfi Xtreme Music using a digital connection.

Would this work:

Connecting this to the digital I/O port and using this to connect it to the console?

Thanks ;)

This is what I used to connect my XtremeMusic to my Logitech Z-680s and my HT receiver. Worked great.

Both S/PDIF coaxial and TOSlink optical have the same specs. Neither is better than the other, although optical tends to get people more excited. In practical terms coaxial is easier for longer runs as it is difficult to find long TOSlink leads. In other words all solutions presented above will work for this sound card.

Both S/PDIF coaxial and TOSlink optical have the same specs. Neither is better than the other, although optical tends to get people more excited. In practical terms coaxial is easier for longer runs as it is difficult to find long TOSlink leads. In other words all solutions presented above will work for this sound card.

This.

+1

also OP, ensure that you have DDL or DTS:C software (if you don't have it, you can get it from Creative for a few dollars) in order to pass a 5.1 signal out via S/PDIF for those speakers to decode

Back