Z97 boards with great fan control?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I have always used Asus boards becuase I LOVE the fan control they have. Are there any other brands that have fan control as good as fanXpert? I am looking to get a z97 board.

MSI boards do. You can select various RPM's and %'s for different temperature ranges related to every fan connector on the board.

If using PWM fans, bear in mind that most boards will control them in DC mode (so you don't get the full advantage of PWM). The ASUS Z97 and X99 boards can control fans in DC or PWM mode on all headers.

If using PWM fans, bear in mind that most boards will control them in DC mode (so you don't get the full advantage of PWM). The ASUS Z97 and X99 boards can control fans in DC or PWM mode on all headers.

Yeah, that is a big deal to me and possibly the only reason I am leaning towards using a Z97 Pro. What worries me is Asus reputation for support and warranty has gone downhill. I have read so much negativity on warranty that it makes me want to avoid Asus products. I recently picked up an Acer gaming monitor over the Swift for that very reason.

I did a build a Z97 pro and ran into a problem when loading drivers.. We lost mouse and KB support after loading a USB driver. Wierd issues after that.. Had to use UEFI install juts to get mouse and KB support within the install of Win7. The fan control on the Z97Pro is superior to that of my Z87. Really impressive.

Z97 and X99 use xHCI exclusively for USB devices by default. Some devices may need firmware updates to work properly with xHCI enabled.

Z97 and X99 use xHCI exclusively for USB devices by default. Some devices may need firmware updates to work properly with xHCI enabled.

What does xHCI do exactly? When I was looking online it had recommended I disable that if I was having issues. the device was just an HP USB keyboard and regular mouse.

Raja, do you know if the Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK will fit on the white sabertooth Marks S motherboard? it's another option I was looking at. I don't think anyone can top you guys on fan control. I wish you offered boards with amplified onboard audio for highend headphones. Would be glad to get rid of my ZXR sound card for a cleaner looking setup.

Raja,

Can the Z87 boards (Gryphon, Hero and Pro) control PWM fans using PWM on any of the 4-pin case fan headers?

Thanks.

Asus hands down has the very best bios fan control on the market. MSI is a very distant 2nd. And with many things now Gigabytes are the worse.

Good Luck

Back