Zalman 9500 LED

Phantoms

Limp Gawd
I just wanted to post letting everyone know that I'm impressed with this cooler. I got it from Zipzoomfly.com for $48 (I see they've went up to $52 now) which was the cheapest I could find it. I have a P4 3.2 (yes, extremely hot Northwood Socket 478) on a Gigabyte 8KNXP board. I was running a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu cooler on it until I boke a fan blade while cleaning the fins out with compressed air. Anyway, that cooler normally ran 48c and would climb to 70c-plus when really taxed (such as running MS FlightSim). The Zalman CNPS9500 LED constantly runs at 36-38c idle to med. use and the hottest I've got it is while running flight sim in the back ground and running a high quality video online in the foreground with several other browser tabs going. Even with all this is just barely got to 48c.

I am very pleased with this cooler. I read around here awhile before deciding to get it and I'm very happy I did.

I love it as well. Everyone talks about the Scythe these days for the conroes, but i liked the look of the Zalman better and I knew it was still very good.

Keeps my e6400 under 50C at load @ Stock and in the mid 50s when I overclock to 3.2GHZ.

Keeps my 3.2C very cool. I too had the 7000Cu and the 9500 was a major improvement. Not to mention it looks neat-o.

I am definitely a fan of the 9500 as well (considering you don't pay over 50 bucks for it). Keeps my temps below 57 degrees on Orthos load at 3.5ghz (e6600) and low 40's at idle. Not much to complain about.

Well, it does look cool but I haven't looked at it since I installed it really as I've put my side cover back on. I ran with it off for the last year and that contributed to the dust build-up it all the coolers fins. I can't remember how much better the 7000Cu did when it was new, but I think it was in the mid 60s under heavy load. Dust build up is slow and usually un-noticed inside cooler fins. I regularly blew out my case, but never really noticed how much dust was in the fins themselves. I'll definitely check from now on.

I would have been just as happy with the non-led 9500, but it isn't listed with the hookup for my 3.2 Socket 478. Then I found the LED version for about the same price as the non-led and that settled it. I'm amazed at just how cool my cpu runs now. I have yet to get it over 48c under the heaviest of loads and it rarely gets to that. Usually it's in the 36c - 38c range under various loads. I didn't use the fan speed controller (as I didn't with the 7000Cu), so the fan runs at full speed, but it's not that loud in my case.

Yes the 9500 is dead sexy. Although i have the one without the light, because i plan on eliminating all the damn LEDs in my setup (i have a lot of em, they illuminate my room at night...)

It keeps my conroe at 47/53. My voltage is 1.46, too.

yeah it is a solid cooler... Keeps my opteron 165 (2.9ghz) at 29C idle and no more than 45C load.

It is one of the best cooler on the market!
Nearly silent at low and medium speed.
But becomes noisy at high speed.

One of the great thing about this fan is that the hot air is pushed outside the case. (of course the cooler has to be installed correctly).
Also, installation is pretty straightforward and its size should not be a problem in most case.

Back