What is the better of the two?

• Zalman 9500

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Scythe

Votes: 33 49.3%

• Total voters

dtess17

2[H]4U
With all things considered ( price, performace, noise, looks, ease of installation) which would you choose? and why?

Umm... I would choose the Ninja. It's a tough decision. The ninja will perform better with the correct fan installed. The Zalman looks a LOT better IMO.

LMAO!!! i made the same thread as you

holy shit! sorry for double post. we'll go by ur thread tho

i say the 9500 because of looks, ease of insallation, and perormance. You cant go wrong either way.

The Zalman is easier to install and IMHO they look much better.
ff4c4cff.jpg

I wonder about the Zalman 9700 versus the Ninja? I believe the 9700 is scheduled to be released in Q2 or '06.

Ninja is a pain in the ass, but good. I went for the ninja and it's good.

rox1co said:
LMAO!!! i made the same thread as you

holy shit! sorry for double post. we'll go by ur thread tho

great minds think alike.

i already have the ninja, but i am wondering if the 9500 might gimme better temps...
i also have a second computer i could put it to use in...just deciding if it's worthwhile or not.

ninja with a good fan is the best out of them all...if you dont believe me scour the web for the benchies (sorry i lost the links) and the ninja is the best

Mayhs said:
ninja with a good fan is the best out of them all...if you dont believe me scour the web for the benchies (sorry i lost the links) and the ninja is the best

Actually the Tuniq Tower has been the best I've seen (even better than the ninja) according to reviews...only problem is the availability sometimes sucks

its available at svc. Should I get this over the zalman 9500? I still need a fan though right? How is it to install, i should prolly read the reviews ;)

EDIT: its already in there :( wish i coulda gotten a led in there...this thing owns everything. And, its cheaper than the 9500 i was about to buy. Wouold it fit in my antec p160w case?

actually, i think ill just stick with the 9500 because it looks so hard to install and it might be too big. Doesnt seem that way with the zalman.

Had both but using Ninja now....pain in the ass to install but well worth it. Getting zalman for 2nd box now so i can play with some OC on new 146 w/ Ultra-d from Monarch. :D

As i thought the votes are pretty split.

Each heatsink has it;s own advantages. I think the ninja is doing a good job, but it is kinda ugly, and is taking up a fair amount of space with the fan mounted on it.

I dunno, i just ordered a few new toys to keep me busy,2gb of g.skill and a raptor 150) so maybe i'll wait for the 9700.

on a side note newegg has some very nice combo deals right now, if you buy the gskill you can pick up the 9500 for $28.00 or a WD 250 for like $50

dtess17 said:
on a side note newegg has some very nice combo deals right now, if you buy the gskill you can pick up the 9500 for $28.00 or a WD 250 for like $50
i just ordered my CNPS9500 and VF700LED!!! w000000000t

i saw that too, god damn i wanted that combo so bad for the 9500 :)

but i need more cash! however, i would rather get the WD250KS for $50 than the 9500, saves a little bit more money

rox1co said:
i just ordered my CNPS9500 and VF700LED!!! w000000000t

i saw that too, god damn i wanted that combo so bad for the 9500 :)

but i need more cash! however, i would rather get the WD250KS for $50 than the 9500, saves a little bit more money

Ya shoulda picked up the VF900 instead. :D Of course... more cash.

jcll2002 said:
newegg is good, but their shipping is so stupid. $5 for a $3 fan?

If you look at ZipZoomFly they charge $8 for the same fan with free shipping. What's the difference? If you go to a PC store they have the fan for $6 but you have to pay tax and the gas to get there. lol

jcll2002 said:
newegg is good, but their shipping is so stupid. $5 for a $3 fan?
reply to the VF900 - $20 more bucks? naw screw that :p

and hell yeah! i hate that shit too bro. i bought Arctic Silver on Ebay for $6, where as Newegg wants to charge me $5 shipping :mad:

Who cares what shipping costs as long as the total price is lowest.

$5 item + $5 shipping
$10 item + free shipping

Which to choose? lol

im referring to random fans that you can get elsewhere for $5 with $2 ship and at newegg its $8 with $5 ship

anyway, im getting the 9500 at svc for $54.

jcll2002 said:
im referring to random fans that you can get elsewhere for $5 with $2 ship and at newegg its $8 with $5 ship

anyway, im getting the 9500 at svc for $54.

Oh, yeah, for sure. Other sites sell cooling products for less than NewEgg. Gotcha. :D

Enjoy that 9500! It'll be cooool and quiet. ;)

shipping in general kinda sucks. Everything has gone up due to the change in price of oil.
I do wish Newegg would go back to using FedEX as their default carrier, so much better service.

but i guess that doesn't really matter.

So i'm looking at my case, and i was thinking of taking the top fan in my p180 and making it an intake right on the ninja, and also keeping the fan i have mounted on the ninja there too, i wonder if that will help keep temps even lower.

Too bad the 9500 has leds, I hate leds, and I went for the ninja and a Scythe SFlex E Fan, awful mounting/unmounting process but I liked it at the end. Rather this than spend ~$20 more.

i voted 9500. i've had experience with both these coolers and they both cooled equally well.
the ninja was slightly quieter due to the use of a 120mm fan but was a PITA to install.
the 9500 takes 2 screws to install. piece of cake
i also didnt like the LEDs on my 9500 so i just took the fan apart and clipped the LEDs :)

9500 ftw due to ease of installation and bling. temps between both were a tie for me.

this thread is a bit silly without real numbers becuase everyone is just going to post from their 'f a nboy' perspective...just look for benchies

Mayhs said:
this thread is a bit silly without real numbers becuase everyone is just going to post from their 'f a nboy' perspective...just look for benchies
like he said, its the number and the whole thing...installation, looks, ect

Indeed. From the reviews I've seen the Ninja beats the 9500 all the time with a high-quality fan attached.

Soo... Ok? lol

I absolutely could not get a fan installed on the Ninja with the included metal things. I took a big rubberband and wrapped it around it, lets vibration and easier to install/unstall. With fresh AS5 and fan at minimum speed idle temps are about 40-45 C. Fan spinning at a good speed, 37-42 C. Don't know load temps, but I'm sure they're good :D

Juic3 said:
Too bad the 9500 has leds, I hate leds, and I went for the ninja and a Scythe SFlex E Fan, awful mounting/unmounting process but I liked it at the end. Rather this than spend ~$20 more.

went for the s-flex too...i love it

Ninja ftw

I idle at 14* C and am under load at 22* C PASSIVELY on my opteron 150 @ 2.6

Thats just amazing, granted, one of my intake 120mms is about three inches away, but still

finally im seeing people talking sense...just buy a ninja and youll never look back

jbrukardt said:
Ninja ftw

I idle at 14* C and am under load at 22* C PASSIVELY on my opteron 150 @ 2.6

Thats just amazing, granted, one of my intake 120mms is about three inches away, but still

Idles at 14 C? That's 57 F. You either have a really cold room, or your Ninja breaks a few laws of thermodynamics.

Back