Zalman 9500 temps on my E6300

kennyc28

Gawd
Are these good temps for my heatsink? 45c idle 60c My system is below I am just wondering because I see other websites where it is reviewed and there the temps are much lower? Is it my asus probe reading it wrong or is that normal? I have tried reseating it a couple of times with the same results

I just installed the PWM model 9500 (AT? NT?) onto my e6850 the other weekend, i get ~38c idle, and into the 50s under load. So thats somewhat lower than you, for a cpu that i believe puts out more heat.

There are a couple possible reasons for this,

ambient temp - i doubt mine is lower though.

fan speed - i'd have to check, but i think mine runs around 1400 rpm, since its PWM, i dont have the 3 speed selector. What speed is yours on? (hi/med/low?) the websites usually test on high for max cooling.

amount of thermal goop, you could have too much / too little on. I just spread a thin layer over the top of my cpu when i installed, nothing fancy, just the zalman goop that came with the 9500.

flatness of the hs / cpu. Its possible you have a concave/convex hs or cpu thats keeping them from mating properly. I think you can tell this when you pull the cpu off. Or you could test with a razor blade.

i just got the 9500 am2 for my set up and it took my stock cooler idle temps from 39c to 33c and my load temps from 58c to 50c with max fan speed of 2500, i ran orthos prime for 30 mins to figure out my full load temps.

which way do u have the fan pushing air? out the back of your case? are u getting all that hot air out of your case?

what kind of thermale paste are u using and how thick are u putting it on?

Are these good temps for my heatsink? 45c idle 60c My system is below I am just wondering because I see other websites where it is reviewed and there the temps are much lower? Is it my asus probe reading it wrong or is that normal? I have tried reseating it a couple of times with the same results

Load temp also depend of your voltage and OC. My e6400 is OC @ 3300 mHz with vCore of 1,46. I get load temps around 58 C with Orthos.

my voltage is only 1.375 the air is pushing out the back to the rear fan. I have reseated it 3 times with different thickness of thermal paste. my ambient air is about 75-80 F and my fan runs around 2789. I don't know what to do I just finish taking the whole damn thing apart.I am using the antec artic silver 5 does this paste suck?

We'll I exchanged the zalman for the same one and guess what I still get the same temps!! Is it the Asus probe? Sorry it is driving me crazy I feel like getting the 9700

Back