Zalman CNPS6500B-AlCu

Dark Ember

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, just want your opinion on a heatsink here. One of my friends is looking for a good heatsink for his 2.4C thats under 30 bucks. He's running on the stock one right now, so basically anything would be an improvement. Saw this Zalman cooler (link below) on newegg, and the user reviews on there sounded like it was fairly decent for the price. Also uses a 92mm fan, which is nice. Just wondering what your thoughts were about this heatsink, or any suggestions for better ones that are around or under 30 bucks. Thanks! :)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-103&depa=1

I have the one you have linked on my 2.8b. I used THIS ONE when I built my 3.2c. It goes over your $30 budget however, I think the few extra dollars will be worth it.

Im using a 5700 with very good results, only that i removed the fan and put a 92mm sunon at 5V (12V in full load, 50cfm and less noise than the zalman fan at full speed!) [email protected]

how about this one?
its the P4 version of the one that 1361 had posted and its from svc so its a little cheaper :D

Originally posted by ST|FFY
how about this one?
its the P4 version of the one that 1361 had posted and its from svc so its a little cheaper :D

Well, that one looks alright, but the problem I have with it is the fan that is on there, in that you can't really replace it. Well, unless I'm just looking at it wrong or something, and you actually can replace it. I suppose we could just rip off the stock fan and put a 92mm on it like Voodoo said with the 5700. Hmm... guess we'll have to think about this a little more.

the 7000 is a very good hsf
you wont need to replace the fan because the performance that it gives is very good. plus the fan is a good one so you dont have to worry about it every failing on you

if i were u, i would go with the 7000 as it is the best performing/ noise ratio HSF available now and it is at such a great price. the only reason not to get it is if you want the bestest air cooling ( thermalright sp-94 + vantec tornado) but that option is a tad bit loud...

the 7000 is a very good hsf
you wont need to replace the fan because the performance that it gives is very good. plus the fan is a good one so you dont have to worry about it every failing on you

if i were u, i would go with the 7000 as it is the best performing/ noise ratio HSF available now and it is at such a great price. the only reason not to get it is if you want the bestest air cooling ( thermalright sp-94 + vantec tornado) but that option is a tad bit loud...

hehe, and a tad bit expensive. Well, I'll tell him that he should look into the 7000 then. As for me... just waiting for dtek to get the White Water back in stock...

Thanks guys! :)

i think theres a real good chance you can get a new fan on there. theres nothing different with Zalman's except that its got a tiny little piece of plastic for a base instead of a frame.

Originally posted by Dark Ember
hehe, and a tad bit expensive. Well, I'll tell him that he should look into the 7000 then. As for me... just waiting for dtek to get the White Water back in stock...

Thanks guys! :)
what??? its $29.99
thats under ur budget of $30...
i dont see the point in skimping of performance for $2 as the 6500-AlCu is $27.99. A $2 difference could give ur system much more performance (if u OC :D)

that is unless u wanna spend those $2 on some candy, man i love milky way bars :D;) :p :)

what??? its $29.99
thats under ur budget of $30...
i dont see the point in skimping of performance for $2 as the 6500-AlCu is $27.99. A $2 difference could give ur system much more performance (if u OC :D)

that is unless u wanna spend those $2 on some candy, man i love milky way bars :D;) :p :)

no no no.... I was referring to the SP-94 + Tornado, not Zalman 7000! :p

Originally posted by Dark Ember
Well, that one looks alright, but the problem I have with it is the fan that is on there, in that you can't really replace it. Well, unless I'm just looking at it wrong or something, and you actually can replace it. I suppose we could just rip off the stock fan and put a 92mm on it like Voodoo said with the 5700. Hmm... guess we'll have to think about this a little more.
you can get a replacement fan assembely from zalman. its talk about some here...
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=743010

Back