Zalman VF700 in X-QPack?

Jelic

Limp Gawd
Hey, does anyone know if this video card cooler will fit in the X-Qpack? It seems like it might be a bit too big and possibly touch the power supply... but I can't say for certain. Also has anyone used the Nvidia Silencer Rev 3 w/ the X-Qpack as well? I want to know if these will fit or not before actually buying. I currently have a 7800gt w/ a Jetway AGDMS-Pro board and 3700+ oced to 2.6ghz. Thanks everyone.

There is about a half inch gap between the power supply and the video card.

I will be getting my 7800gt soon and I am putting a 700CU on it as well.

I have now a 6600gt with a 700cu on it and it is fine.

The Zalman cooler doesn't extend past the outside edges of the card itself so you are fine on clearence with the Zalman. The Silencer does extend past the card edges, so your taking a risk there.

Also, you can check out the Zalman VF700 thread in the Video Card Section and I believe there are pics of the different coolers in the Post Pics of your SFF thread as well.

I have a PCI-E 6600GT with the VF-700 in my X-Qpack, fits fine, However I dont think a AGP 6600GT with one would fit is the heatsink sits at a differand angle and goes above the edge of the video card.

AGP 6600 are not compatible with VF700-x at all, stated by Zalman's website compatibility info. Yes, due to how it would sit--AGP 6600GT cards are weird because of bridge chip.

That's not entirely true. They said there might be compatibility problems on some cards. I used a VF700 CU on my 6600GT and it worked fine in my full tower rig.

Back