Zen micro and Zen touch CHEAP! Warm'er....

Xenozx

2[H]4U
Well I recently noticed that if your a comcast Subscriber you can get a discount on the

5GB Zen Micro (save about 22 bucks)

20GB Zen Touch (save about 30 bucks)

I did a quick pricewatch search on both and above are ammount you will save from the lowest price listed...

I guess this is somewhat of a price break, not bad IMO.

they are direct from Creative.

I dont know if its limited to Comcast subscribers or not but heres the link, post and let everyone know 8)

http://us.creative.com/local/1/comcast/

The savings could evaporate if you get charged tax. Shipping was around $8 for either for me. It's cheaper off pricewatch by $2 in my case.

Good deal though. I'm waiting for creative to lower the price on the zen micro since the newer ipod mini 4gb came out today for $199.

damn - both of 'em are $199. That's a pretty good deal. Got to watch out though, as these bay be factor refurb or 'Class B' merchandise. I'd pull the trigger if I knew for sure.

Doc

These both have VERY well documented headphone jack problems, and not all stores will exchange. I had to fight with them and ended up calling the district manager to get mine exchanged when the jack died in TWO DAYS of purchasing it.
Then the second one died in a week, at which point I called the DM again and got a refund.

Google creative and headphone jack. No, it isnt just the 30 and 60 gig ones either, the Zen micro also has this issue.

i've had my Zen micro for 3 days. no problems yet. i couldnt wait anymore and splurged the 270 bucks to have it in my hands at Fry's here in Austin.

remorse is setting in though and i'm planning on returning the device and paying the extra green for a 20gb ipod. it'll be around 50 bucks more (with tax) for the ipod and i'll have 15g's more space.. worth it in my opinion. but the ipod is bulkier than the micro which was the selling point for me. ugh, i'm torn

Davenow said:
These both have VERY well documented headphone jack problems, and not all stores will exchange. I had to fight with them and ended up calling the district manager to get mine exchanged when the jack died in TWO DAYS of purchasing it.
Then the second one died in a week, at which point I called the DM again and got a refund.

Google creative and headphone jack. No, it isnt just the 30 and 60 gig ones either, the Zen micro also has this issue.

I've owned two Creative MP3 players, and both have had headphone jack problems. First, I got a 40 gig Zen Jukebox, and within three weeks the headphone jack was fucked up.

To replace it I got a 4 gig Muvo2, and within several months, its jack was also fucked up -- worst part, there was a 90 day warranty on the Muvo2, so I'm pretty much screwed on this one.

If it weren't for the fact that Creative's products are so badass otherwise, I'd probably never buy another product of theirs again.

Back