ZipZoomFly(Nowhere to post this)

Ok I know this is the wrong forum but there isnt a right forum for this either. I just wanted to know what kind of experiences people have had with ZipZoomFly. I want to order a Biostar 6100-939 and it is currently out of stock at newegg. So I was just wondering what kind of experiences have people had with ZZF. How long does it usually take them to process your order? Do they package the items nicely? Is there customer support friendly and helpful? Thank you.

P.S.:If there is a forum I will PM a mod to have it moved...

1. < 24 hours processing for the past 6 transactions I've made with them.
2. There's enough peanuts in each box to kill my cat.
3. Never had to use CS. Sorry.

www.ewiz.com has the biostar tforce 6100-939 for $66.00 + shipping (~$8). (Go through froogle)
slightly cheaper than zipzoomfly. tax for both if you live in CA though.

I just ordered the board from them and the Chenming 118 (qpack clone) from excaliberpc.com.

total came out to ~165 shipped (including tax). cheapest other place for me was directron (~166 shipped) but it would take longer for items to arrive to me from them. Plus by buying from vendors in CA, i am helping the CA economy too :p

I've placed around 30 orders from ZZF, never had a single problem. Every order was processed the same day placed, or early Monday if I placed it on the weekend. Their packaging is second to none as well, they big boxes, lots of peanuts, and make sure stuff is spaced away from other components.

I've had one RMA for a DOA WiFi card I ordered from them, had a RMA number and they emailed me a pre-paid label and my credit card was credited 2 days after they received the item.

Needless to say with the service, prices and good shipping I make about 90% of my PC parts orders from ZZF :cool:

i as well have nothing but praise for ZZF, as does my buddy, he swears by em, and hassles me whenever i goto the 'egg.

but lately...pricing, shipping practices...(ordered 2 300gb drives from egg, came bubble wrapped in peanuts..lousy packaging, but drives survived) @ZZF ive ordered..memory, vid cards, hard drive(mutiple ones) and a few other peices of junk....never had a problem with anything ever from them, and since most things are free 2nd day fed ex, i love that!!

also, ZZF packaged their stuff very well, as one user said, enough peanuts to kill my cat...yea, to kill all 3 of mine too, top notch packager they got ;)

OK I have ordered from them about 10 times.

I had 1 doa order, and it was my last. DOA EVGA 7800GTX. So I called EVGA (I mean they have a lifetime warranty) they said contact ZZF as they are a authorized repair facility for them. I said ok and contacted ZZF. They took it back, I sent in everything, but I marked the card just to make sure I didn't get the same one back. Shipped on a monday, took till the next tuesday to return. It was a new card, with a new serial number. No issues with the card, and everything worked as it was supposed to.

Oh, and all of my orders from Texas take about 3 days to get here after I push buy. 1 day for them to get it together, and get it out, and 2 day shipping!

My best one was a Shuttle SN25P, purchased monday morning 9:00 AM CST, was here Wednesday afternoon waiting for me to get home from work. At the time they were 30 bucks cheaper than newegg on the product and I got free shipping (paid 360).

Not much to say here but I use ZZF over the great Newegg becuase of shipping and tax they charge.

GO Zip Zoom Fly!!

I'm a die-hard Egger, but I occasionally order from ZZF and haven't had a problem yet. They're always cheaper than the Egg, and if their website was as easy to use as Newegg's I'd probably use them more often.

i have made well over 20 orders with them totaling over $5k and the worst problem I've ever had was waiting an extra day for processing than the usual 1 business day... :D
and FYI returns are very simple I've returned 5 products and have had nps...

Just wanted to add my $.02 ....been buying from ZZF for over 4 years, never had a problem. IMO they got Newegg beat. Price can be a little higher at times, but you cannot beat their packaging and free 2nd day shipping. I wont even consider someone else when it comes to HD's.

I actually like ZZF more than newegg now. Newegg is usually more expensive for some things and charges more for shipping, since most of everything on ZZF is free 2nd day. ZZF packages everything perfectly and it ships very fast, usually the same day. They are also pretty good with RMAs. I had to RMA my XFX 6800 Ultra to them and they ended up giving me a refund.

Overall.. A+++

I have ordered well over $8,000 in computer merchandise between these two vendors... love them both.

I ordered almost every component to my last PC from ZZF in a span of 3 or 4 orders. Didn't have a single bit of trouble with them.

I split my orders between ZZF and NewEgg and have found them both to be excellent. Seems like ZZF is a couple of bucks cheaper, on average, but that may just be my perception.

To me ZZF is equal to the Egg, except the Egg's website is better to navigate.

eWiz.com has fast shipping, I got the 6100-M9 from them a couple of weeks ago.

ZZF is my first choice because they have free FedEX shipping, and I prefer FedEX over UPS because they actually come during the day, and not late at night.

highly recommend ZZF. i also recommend NewEgg, ChiefValue, and eWIZ. all are excellent places w/ competitive prices, awesome prices, and great shipping.

I love ZZF. If the egg doesn't have something, I can usually get if from ZZF. :D

I just got a XFX 7800GT, zalman 7000 alcu, thermaltake stealth 92mm fan, biostar tforce6100-939 (the mobo you want), an X2 4400+, 2gb patiot memory, a benq DVD+-RW DL, and a 500W Neo-HE. Newegg beat em with 3 day shipping since Zipzoomfly actually called me to verify my order, but it came one day later well packed.

I'd definately not worry about it. Good company, like as much as Newegg and no tax in NJ (and free shipping)!

ZZF is #2 for me... expecially since I prefer the UPS shipping! (grin)

They have always been great, but as mentioned before the pricing seems to have crept up lately... they are not as competetive as before. More business is going to NE these days from my hands...

I usually check, and will use:
NewEgg
ZipZoomFly
eWiz
MWave

and that is about it.

I will NEVER... NEVER EVER use BuyXG.com again! They shipped me ram when I purchased my AMD 3800 X2, no packing slip, took multiple calls to sort it out... then they shipped me TWO processors... Finally got the spare one back to them. What a pain! I had forgotten the messed up another order one year previous... and used them again... Won't do that again.

Good luck...

Pierre said:
I will NEVER... NEVER EVER use BuyXG.com again! They shipped me ram when I purchased my AMD 3800 X2, no packing slip, took multiple calls to sort it out... then they shipped me TWO processors... Finally got the spare one back to them. What a pain! I had forgotten the messed up another order one year previous... and used them again... Won't do that again.

Good luck...

I ordered my first motherboard for my first build from them, it was a gigabyte board and i spent many an hour on the phone calling them trying to get a replacement, finally i just wanted my money back. Their customer service sucks, i couldnt even talk to someone who spoke english! I even wrote a reseller rating about them and how they didnt speak english and they thought i meant i couldnt speak it and they couldnt understand me! Anyways, i got my board returned but they charged me a 10% restock fee on a motherboard that was defective.

Don't wanna hijack this thread, so I'll be brief:

snackcakeofd00m - No, they didn't charge me.. but putting the proc in a PC would mean endless trouble with that pc. Pay a fair price, or be a thief. You choose just like I do... and had I chosen to use the CPU I didn't pay for, the system it would be used in would be CURSED for life... maybe more... (grin) Seriously, I sleep good at night, and I will keep it that way. What you put down in life, comes back... Count on it, expect it, live it... it's real.

hity645 - they had improved the Customer Service, but they still suck!

L8ter...

I get my hdds from there. Bought a 200GB SATA samsung and 3 x 7200.8 250Gb seagates. They pack everything very well and they keep newer stock on hand. (I do like newegg, but a lot of times i get old stock from them that is phased out.)

zipzoom is the best.

except if u have a problem and need to rma, newegg is better.
instant rma number, service..
but zipzoom is cheaper, free fedex 2day shipping, everything is well packed... etc.

Back