ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi

I think the heatsink would cause issues with the chipset heatsink.

The Extreme should work fine...way to expensive for this board though.

This seems like a really knowledgeable thread, so maybe someone can help me, I have the zotac 9300 and a sugo sg06 case. Will the psu be strong enough to power a 5770 or 5750?

My Setup:
Zotac 9300 IE
E8400
2x2 Kingston Hyper X
2x Case Fans
Scorpio Blue 320GB
Panasonic Slim-line Blu-Ray

Thanks.

Also quick question, since I've never ran an ATI graphics card with an nvidia IGP, do I install both sets of drivers? Can you use physx from the IGP while gaming on the 5770?

Thanks!

When I first got the 9300-ITX, I wanted to run the IGP along with my 5770 as well. After awhile I disabled the IGP. No need for it at all if you've got a 5770 already unless you have more monitors than the 5770 can support.

When I first got the 9300-ITX, I wanted to run the IGP along with my 5770 as well. After awhile I disabled the IGP. No need for it at all if you've got a 5770 already unless you have more monitors than the 5770 can support.

How did you disable the IGP? By not installing the drivers or can you actually disable it through the device manager?

I ran a 5770 and a q9650 just fine with the sg06.

It is in the bios to disable the IGP. Just install the PCIe card and the mobo will detect that there is one installed and you can disable the IGP. I didn't install the nvidia drivers when I upgraded to an SSD.

You can use physx with the IGP but it's too slow to be any good at it. May use it for badaboom...

Anyway, you can disable it from the BIOS if another GPU is installed, you will lose the capability of monitoring chipset temperature though. But it helps to run cooler and do better overclocks.

Does a Corsair H50 Fit in a SG06 without modification? I might pick one up from microcenter sometime this week if someone can answer my question. I searched the forums and see it fits in an sg05 but I'm afraid in an sg06 it will hit the cd rom tray.

both are roughly the same dimensions and on both you will have to remove the 3,5" HDD bay, you will need to use zip ties or double sided tape to fix the fan to the radiator in both cases too.

Fits fine otherwise

Has anyone been able to control the speed of the case fan through BIOS (I have a I-E)? Because it looks like the front fan in my SG05 is going full speed, and it would be nice if I could set it to 60-70% or something.

It can't be controlled without additional components. You'd need either a fan controller device, or simply buy an "undervolting adapter" to make it run at 7V instead of 12V, for example.

It can't be controlled without additional components. You'd need either a fan controller device, or simply buy an "undervolting adapter" to make it run at 7V instead of 12V, for example.

I figured I would have to do so. But it's strange because I have seen pix of the BIOS where it looked like one could set a value for it...

I recently got this MB after a bit of research and wanting to build a small gaming system!
I want to share my experience! It's a very good one! Well mostly, the only downer is the lame excuse of a Wifi they put with this board.

My Specs:
Zotac 9300 I-E
Q6600 B0
ThermalRight AXP-140
2x2 OCZ Sli 800mhz
Lian Li PC-Q07
650 Antec PSU
Scorpio Black 320GB
Blu-Ray
Radeon 5770 - to be added hopefully! Have my eye on a certain card but there seems to be a shortage in supplies...prob end up with 5750 instead...
Basically all the components are switch out from my old build which is why the PSU is a bit of an overkill.

Heres the nice bit!
My Q6600 is idling! at 35c!! fully closed case! The cooling is completely passive and silent!
A PSU fan swap and mod brought the temp down from 50c idle 80+c Load, to 35c Idle and 58c Load tested with OCCT
The GPU is also getting some nice cooling with the airflow idling at 47c
I replaced the PSU fan with a Noctua 120 CPU Fan and switched the PSU so that the fan was facing the CPU Cooler thereby drawing the heat rather than the recommended facing out of the case, because the Thermalright Heatsink was a perfect size to just about reach the PSU fan it's basically acting like a Heatsink with a fan. Perfect cooling solution for the Lian Li PC-Q07

I've have tested a short overclock to 3ghz on the cpu and it seems fine with the overclock, won't be using it overclocked unless I get desperate anyway but it's fine at stock for now.
Now I got a Gaming PC nearly 1/4 the size of my old build, Fantastic!

Last edited:
I can't disable speedstep even if I set the multiplier to 9 it still bounces between 6 when idle then 9 under load. Any help?

Is there a specific reason why you don't want the CPU to throttle down under load? After all it's only to save power with no real impact on performance.

As for why disabling it isn't working... I'm not sure, but was there a separate setting for C1E and SpeedStep? I can't remember. If there is, disable both.

Their is only a setting for C1E which is disabled and I read in this thread if you manually set the multiplier it disables speedstep since their isn't an actual setting in the bios. However this is not the case. The only reason I want it disabled is I'm trying to achieve a maximum overclock, so the more of the unnecessary features the better.

On a board like this, I don't think the limiting factor for your overclock will be C1E or no C1E. Anyway when you stress-test your setup the CPU will always be running with the multiplier you chose...

Emailed Zotac, they said the K-E will be in stock at Newegg and Amazon around the second week in April. I'll probably pass and get the I-E, can't afford the DDR3 at the moment.

DDR2 is actually a bit more expensive than DDR3 at the moment I think

nvm that _I might have misread something

DDR2 is actually a bit more expensive than DDR3 at the moment I think

nvm that _I might have misread something

Well, the DDR3 kits I'm considering are $50 more than the value of the DDR2 kit I have now. Regardless, The issue is that I can't even cover the cost of the DDR3 with the combined sale of my motherboard and DDR2, so I'll just stick with what I have. Plus, if I was going to switch, I'd like to get 4gb dimms, and they aren't very common/economic at the moment.

Has anyone tried the esata? I bought a rosewill dock and I'm getting horrible speeds and I don't know why. Getting 8MB/s read and write. Don't have another esata cable or computer to test it with. I used the drivers on zotac's site

i have no idea. bios setting?

edit: yup.. i installed on ide so i'm not going to bother reinstalling just for esata to work well

If you look it up on the web there is a register setting that you can change in Windows to load up AHCI drivers (which is off by default if you install with IDE) so you don't have to reinstall Windows when you switch to AHCI.

Anyone experiencing problems with the wireless adapter included? I'm running Win7 x64 and often for some reason, I seem to lose my local IP and revert to self-assigned IP. I guess it could be the router (an Apple Airport Extreme base station) but all my other machines (wired or wireless) work fine...

Hi to everyone. could someone tell me about temp issue with this motherboard? the cipset is so hot? I read about shutdown and other things 'cause the temp rise too high! your experience? thanks

@ NichoTL

I had issues with the adapter loosing connection when left active for a long time - I seemed to have slightly better luck with the wireless driver from VIAs website but the conenction was still flakey. I've now resorted to using a usb dongle until I pick up a wireless n dongle with external antenna that I intend to mod inside the case.

@ Eddie666

Yes the chipset runs very very hot - I was experiencing thermal shutdowns when stressing the system. I've lapped and reseated the heatsink and got the temps down a little but still too high for my liking. I'm going to be modding my H50 to include the chipset in the loop to sort it once and for all.

You can use everest stress test to monitor the chipset temps to see what you get in your system.

@ Katch:

thanks for your reply. I've yet lapped the chipset heatsink, and replace the thermal grease with arctic silver. now chipset is around 60° (I'm using onboard vga); it's ok?

Quick question, Can I get a sata to esata cable for an extra HDD and use the power connector from the Power supply to power the Hard drive? Pretty sure the answer would be yes. Just want to check first.

Last edited:
Quick question, Can I get a sata to esata cable for an extra HDD and use the power connector from the Power supply to power the Hard drive? Pretty sure the answer would be yes. Just want to check first.

What do you mean the power connector from the PSU? A Molex 4-pin?

Can anyone recommend a CPU cooler with about 55mm height that will fit on the board? Also can anyone advise what the max width and depth should be to fit also?.

Cheers

Back