Zotac GTX970 w/ Sony X900A @ 4k 60hz

Rage X

[H]ard|Gawd
Good morning,

I purchased / installed a GTX970 - installed it and things are going pretty well. However in the Nvidia control panel under the HDTV settings there is only a 4K / 2K option at 30hz...

Under the PC settings in the control panel there is an option for 3840x2160 @ 60hz.... but when I use that setting the desktop and everything works - except I just get blank black video (with sound). If I switch to 30hz... all is well.

The HDMI cable I am using is long and older... (it's run through the wall) I have a new HDMI cable coming today that I will try to see if that caused it. Otherwise - should I have an option under the HDTV modes that offers 60hz?

Thanks all!

Did you update the TV firmware for HDMI 2.0 or you are still using the 1.4 ?

You know - the whole thing with the 900A and HDMI 2.0 port is sort of confusing.

I'm not at home right now - but I am thinking I need to check which port I am using on the back of the TV. I know that one of the ports is on an upgraded daughterboard and the others are not and before I got the 970 it didnt make a difference so I may have been using a different port for my HTPC.

The firmware is updated though... I'll let you know when I get home and try that other port / cable.

Ehh - my new cable didnt show up... but it will for sure today.

I tried a different, shorter, newer cable (from an Xbox One... not sure if that is high quality or not) and had the same outcome on HDMI4 (the upgraded port). It does display the resolution but no video... I'm wondering if it's more of a video card driver / codec issue... but it's the same outcome in all of the different video players I try.

any other suggestions?

Back