Is this SAMA 1000w any good?

Whats the word on the street?
nothing really. it looks decent but no one has done any proper reviews on that brand. one amazon review says its got some good weight to it, which is usually a good sign.
its actually kinda tempting at that price...

I would buy it for that price. 10 year warranty, sold by the official SAMA store and fulfilled by Newegg. And Newegg is the RMA processor according to this (on the About Us page.)

If it was crap, the storefront would have way worse reviews and Newegg wouldn't partner with them in such a manner.

nothing really. it looks decent but no one has done any proper reviews on that brand. one amazon review says its got some good weight to it, which is usually a good sign.
its actually kinda tempting at that price...
From the Cultist spreadsheet, there are some:

Mostly Chinese reviews, so you'll have to google translate. I looked at the fcpowerup one for the 1000W Black Diamond and honestly their wording (along with gratuitous use of oscilloscope pictures) was giving me some flashbacks to my circuits classes back in college, so they seem fairly reputable. My biggest concern wouldn't be their testing methodology but maybe their testing equipment being good enough (not that I know much about that field). What's interesting is that the Black Diamond they were reviewing actually met the criteria for 80+ platinum, but they marketed it as Gold anyway. The problem is that I'm not sure if this Black Diamond is the same as the one they reviewed, though. I don't think theirs had ATX 3.0. This one does. It was also a 5 year warranty, but is now apparently 10 years for this version on Newegg. Dunno how far I'd trust a warranty for this though lol.

Edit: Seems kind of loud though. Says 56 DB on that fan? Might be misreading that or translation error.

SAMA makes good, low cost cases, if that can be taken as some indication for their power supplies.

I'm gonna give it a try. I have lots of good 750W PS but it would be nice to have something that I wouldn't stress about if I wanted to drop in an unnecessarily power wasting GPU, or even a borderline one and feel confident about it.
Will report back on my initial thoughts.

I would actually give it a try myself, but I'm sitting here with a Be Quiet Straight Power 12, 1200W, EVGA P2 Platinum 1200W, Seasonic Focus FX 850W, Corsair 850HX (that's more than a bit old but still working plenty fine), Corsair 750RMx, etc. Too many good, reliable power supplies, so there is just absolutely no avenue for me to even try justifying purchasing this lol. I don't have enough things to build with them. Looks like a decent deal, though.

I have an Armor 850w White I got from Amazon for $85. Had way better acoustics and voltage regulation than my RM850X. I cannot identify the OEM but it surely has all Nippon Chemicon Caps. The build design points to the Black Diamond KTX which appears to have good reviews.

Back