11.11b Performance Drivers

Enabled, but the guys over there are still reporting negative scaling. But now with flashing green clouds and waterfalls!

Anyone here give it a shot? I'm apprehensive. I still get random performance drops with the dll fix -- particularly when it's raining -- so I'm hoping for a decent driver solution.

BOTH 6970's are pegged at 99% usage! Finally!

Nevermind... its stull fucked.

Last edited:
11.11a caused massive texture issues for me in skyrim with my 6870's single and crossfire. and constant skyrim crashes

so i went back to 11.9's and texture issues stopped. can play 12hours straight on 11.9's no crashing or texture issues.

i just installed the 11.11b's so ill see how those fair.

I got texture issues indoors in the 1st level with 11.11a. Your not alone. trying 11.11bs now, but do we need to reinstall 11.11 CAP?

Texture issues using 11.11b and CAP2, not to mention the CTD's unless I use the fixed EXE, but then I have to disable crossfire. This whole situation is fucked.

Lol, this is all I can do is laugh at this point...

Yea, I feel bad for CFX users. Been there done that back in the 4800 series era. I'm sticking to single card solutions from now on. Not saying CFX is bad, when it works - it works well. Just a PITA constantly.

It seems to resolve negative scaling for me from what I can tell, but it doesn't improve performance at all. I'm using a 6990 + 6970 and it's not using the third GPU at all.

I've just come to the conclusion that AMD is terrible and I need to switch when the Keplers come out. I won't worry about this any more =/

I have been using the earlier leaked 12.1 drivers and I get fine scaling in Skyrim using a custom profile.

I get SSAA 4x@1440p and my 6990@98% on both gpus.

These are the best for me in BF3 so far with 11.11 cap2

Butter and slight fps increase.

Sry Skyrim ppls

For what it's worth...with 11.b I get about 20 fps more than 11.11a, this has enabled me to get a smooth experience with the .ini tweaks recommended by [H], (except I use 4096 shadowmapresolution) and high/high/high/ultra settings in skyrim setup with FSAA on, but aa otherwise off)...no texture corruption here. I am finally satisfyed.

Good Luck all.

What about SR3, game hasn't been playable on amd gpu for 2 weeks now?

I got about a 10-15% increase, which means the game now runs mainly in the 40-50fps area(outdoors) with some dips to 35fps when driving(high levels of motion blur). This is at 1920*1200 with all options at the highest. If I didn't have a fps counter running, I wouldn't think it has a low frame-rate at all.

Well I just took the plunge for Skyrim. With crossfire enabled, in Whiterun I get about 30-35 FPS minimum, but it looks choppy. With CF disabled, I get 25-30 FPS minimum, but it looks a lot smoother.

For outdoor areas it honestly doesn't matter; even with one card I'll still stay at 60 FPS at 2560x1600.

Single video card it is.

I know alot of people are Rage haters, but I just thought I'd give the game another shot now that "CFX" is enabled.......

well......11.11a.......if I have all my cards enabled, 6990 and 6970..........the game won't even load.

I have to disable my 6970, the game will run, but uses only morror imaged 65% of each gpu on my 6990.
I'm going to try the 11.11b, but my guess is it's the same driver that's in 11.11a.:mad:

Fuck it...........three months almost since it's release and the game still is no good in CFX.

I hope Skyrim has better luck, but it seems not.

This is just poor.

I know alot of people are Rage haters, but I just thought I'd give the game another shot now that "CFX" is enabled.......

well......11.11a.......if I have all my cards enabled, 6990 and 6970..........the game won't even load.

I have to disable my 6970, the game will run, but uses only morror imaged 65% of each gpu on my 6990.
I'm going to try the 11.11b, but my guess is it's the same driver that's in 11.11a.:mad:

Fuck it...........three months almost since it's release and the game still is no good in CFX.

I hope Skyrim has better luck, but it seems not.

This is just poor.

Magoo bro, sorry but it isn't the game, insipid as it was, it was the effing horrible way they designed the game engine.

http://sli.nvidia.com/object/slizone2_game.html => there is a reason why the green ground doesn't have a profile yet, and i bet that it is similar to the reason why from your tests it doesn't work with more than 2 gpu's and it isn't hard to get that the way they setup the engine is the main culprit here.

There are many things that one can say pro and against both gpu makers, but please don't try to use that game as a technical test, you love the game, we can accept that, but the way the engine was setup was beta style at best.

11.11b now causes constant hard crashes in Skyrim, even with only one video card enabled.

*sigh*

Rolling back...

Magoo bro, sorry but it isn't the game, insipid as it was, it was the effing horrible way they designed the game engine.

http://sli.nvidia.com/object/slizone2_game.html => there is a reason why the green ground doesn't have a profile yet, and i bet that it is similar to the reason why from your tests it doesn't work with more than 2 gpu's and it isn't hard to get that the way they setup the engine is the main culprit here.

There are many things that one can say pro and against both gpu makers, but please don't try to use that game as a technical test, you love the game, we can accept that, but the way the engine was setup was beta style at best.

OK.

The 11.11b is no better. Game wont load in triple Crossfire.
I am not so much aggrevated about this game, Im done with it anyway; its just AMD has been slow all fall getting drivers out that work properly.

It is just bad form.:rolleyes:

These drivers gave my 6870 a nice bump in BF3 with the larger maps.:D
This is coming from the previous 11.11's on a 1900x1200 screen.

I cannot even enable eyefinity with 11.11b's. It just keeps reverting back to 1 screen, sigh.

The drivers have been crappy lately. I don't think bf3 will work 100% with crossfire until another few months or when the 7xxx series comes out at this rate.

Anyone with a 69xx CF setup getting frequent stuttering in BF3 with these drivers?

Anyone with a 69xx CF setup getting frequent stuttering in BF3 with these drivers?

I've had microstuttering for some time. I use this console command: "gametime.maxvariablefps 59" to limit the framerate to 59 and it seems to eliminate 80% or better of the stutter. For some reason that works better than vsync.. ymmv.

I had my first in game freeze in some time last night after installing these drivers. Might have been an anomaly as it played the rest of the session just fine. Aside from that, while the mem and gpu clock up and down correctly for both cards the fans seem to run at a minimum of 24% on both cards even when there is 0 activity on the second. Makes the fan noise just a lil louder.

I've had microstuttering for some time. I use this console command: "gametime.maxvariablefps 59" to limit the framerate to 59 and it seems to eliminate 80% or better of the stutter. For some reason that works better than vsync.. ymmv.

I had my first in game freeze in some time last night after installing these drivers. Might have been an anomaly as it played the rest of the session just fine. Aside from that, while the mem and gpu clock up and down correctly for both cards the fans seem to run at a minimum of 24% on both cards even when there is 0 activity on the second. Makes the fan noise just a lil louder.

It isn't microstutter, more rather hitching. I limit it to 120fps since I'm using a 120hz screen. I installed 11.11 CAP2 and I *think* it may have resolved the hitching, but I will have to play more to verify.

Running 2 card 6979 cf in bf3 with these drivers and 11.11 cap2 @ 1920×1200 all ultra ... Blur off ambient occlusion off, fxaa high and like butter, after installing cap2. It was less smooth wihout the cap. I seldom go under 85 fps and that's the most extreme situations. I think it depends on the server a little too. I was on a server last night and it seemed my fps was erratic playing Caspian border conquest, switched servers same map and it was butter again. My friend with a single 6970 complained of the Same.

ok now that ive ran the 11.11b drivers for a few days i can comment on how its affected me.

i only have a few texture mods installed for misc things like timber wolves, hd gold coins, and a few other misc items nothing major.

running the game with default .exe i get the crashes and texture corruption/invisible textures just like 11.11a, but crossfire does work and the game only really slows down in heavy cpu limited areas (damn bethesda for not using atleast 4 threads for this game)

once i enable LargeAddressAware for the game the crashing and texture issues stop. but then the negative crossfire scaling is back.

so i can either play with crossfire enabled and constantly crash and have texture issues or play with a single gpu and not crash.. so pretty much this driver changes nothing for me.

ok now that ive ran the 11.11b drivers for a few days i can comment on how its affected me.

i only have a few texture mods installed for misc things like timber wolves, hd gold coins, and a few other misc items nothing major.

running the game with default .exe i get the crashes and texture corruption/invisible textures just like 11.11a, but crossfire does work and the game only really slows down in heavy cpu limited areas (damn bethesda for not using atleast 4 threads for this game)

once i enable LargeAddressAware for the game the crashing and texture issues stop. but then the negative crossfire scaling is back.

so i can either play with crossfire enabled and constantly crash and have texture issues or play with a single gpu and not crash.. so pretty much this driver changes nothing for me.

The CAP (and/or driver) is enabling optimizations based on the file/process name; Skyrim4GB runs the process using a renamed file TESV.exe.4gb. Because of the name change, the video driver cannot identify the process as Skyrim.

At first I tried getting around this using RadeonPro by setting a custom profile for TESV.exe.4gb to map it to TESV.exe. I can setup the custom profile no problem, but adding the custom crossfire profile causes "Application load error 3:0000065432" errors (basically the Steam DRM failing when it checks the exe).

What I found as an eventual workaround is to create a custom profile for TESV.exe.4gb and force AFR on (but don't set a custom crossfire profile). In my brief testing this gave me the performance improvements of the driver and the reliability of hacking the exe to be LAA. This is just a stopgap at best, but it can be used for now until hopefully Skyrim4GB is patched.

I installed these drivers and I noticed a smoother performance compared to the stock Catalyst 11.11 on my single HD 6970, it somewhat playable on DX11, it stutters less, but it hasn't gone away totally. Even though some of the stutter comes as Im using my GT240 for PhysX processing, but on DX9, there's no stuttering at all, even with PhysX on high. Seems that there isn't much that can be done on a driver level to fix this, Batman AC needs a patch!

OMG!!! Whats with all the Textures popping in and out in Skyrim with these drivers! I walk forward and textures dissapear then reapper a few steps later? WTF?

I've been getting Crashes latey. Crashes I've never had before. This is getting bad and unless I save every 3 minutes I'm having to replay a lot of the game. It's starting to not be worth playing at all. I'm not sure what's causing them exactly but I noticed they seemed to happen right after that patch to tie in the Skyrim.exe to Steam. I'm not sure if that's the cause but it's really pissing me off. I have no mods to the game other than forcing Vsync off and a mod for the mouse acceleration that they royally messed up on. The drivers work okay for me and I'm sure they aren't the cause of the crashes. They were happening with 11.9's, 11.10's, the beta and these 11.11b's all right after that patch. Here's a big FUCK YOU to whatever made that patch worth it.

I finally got around to installing these, and I am indeed getting crossfire scaling in skyrim now. However, it seems like my single card performance went down as a result. With crossfire the fps are pegged at 60 most of the time, but I get weird slow downs where it just drops to like 30fps for just a second. I never had that with single card before and I was usually pegged out at 60fps all the time. Now I get ~45-50fps with a single card. So, crossfire is better than single card with these drivers, but it's really only about as good as a single card was before it seems like. Haven't tried upping the AA settings yet, maybe it'll payoff there.

^^ and yeah, what he said. The crashing is from the latest "patch", which thankfully I did not install. Seems like they(bethesda) really screwed the pooch on that one.

about the micro stuttering - have u guys tried the mouse filter/input option? When i had my 5770s in CF (single 6970 now) i turned "raw mouse input" off and it fixed some of the funky stuttering - it had to do with the way it was reading my mouse movements. worth a shot

if you use single card, and radeon pro, installing the patch isnt an issue with the LAA mod...

X-fire is another issue, but using forced compatibly mode with a rp profile supposedly works fine ...

honestly IMHO, the patch give better visual quality...

Back