12 Months Xbox live for $29.99 (Sept 17th - 20th for Silver plus free Noble 6 helmet)

Mike211

[H]ard|Gawd
Xbox Live is going to have a free gold weekend running from September 17th - 20th. In addition they will be offering silver member a special upgrade price of $29.99 and a free Halo Reach Noble 6 avatar helmet. Details can be found on your console Xbox Live Spotlight.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Ain't had time to game much for the last 8+ months so I let xbox gold account expire. For this price, might just rejoin despite my sporadic playing time.

Also, didn't I read somewhere that either this year or next, Microsoft is gonna raise the monthly fee for Xbox gold memberships?

great deal, i just bit. i'm queued up for 2 years of live now at very cheap.

EDIT: did not see the avatar item anywhere except the advertisement. after purchasing the subscription renewal, i wasn't offered any download, nor did it show up in my purchased avatar items. anyone know what the deal is with this?

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on this. Ain't had time to game much for the last 8+ months so I let xbox gold account expire. For this price, might just rejoin despite my sporadic playing time.

Also, didn't I read somewhere that either this year or next, Microsoft is gonna raise the monthly fee for Xbox gold memberships?

Yeah an annual is going up $10 more

Do note that Microsoft sets you up for automatic-renewal, which will charge your card for the full amount after the first subscription has ended. You cannot cancel this online or on the console itself, and must call 1800MYXBOX to do so.

Its a trap!

Seriously though I fell for this the first time and it was pain in the ass to get a rep on the phone to remove my CC and auto-renewal, but I may go through it again if I can save $40 a year.

And I just upgraded my Live subscription last weekend because of the $20 off deal.

great deal, i just bit. i'm queued up for 2 years of live now at very cheap.

EDIT: did not see the avatar item anywhere except the advertisement. after purchasing the subscription renewal, i wasn't offered any download, nor did it show up in my purchased avatar items. anyone know what the deal is with this?

Same thing here. I was doing month to month for various reasons, but for $29.99 I decided to go ahead and just pay for the year subscription. After changing my plan, I was not offered any avatar items either. Not that I'm really concerned about getting the item, but it was advertised as part of the deal. It makes me kind of concerned that it didn't get set up properly.

Just bit! I am concerned about how supposedly difficult it is to remove your CC but I wonder if that has been made easier.

If they have another 30USD deal ill go for it as well.

Got the offer back on the screen. It says, that you can remove the CC information online on your account page, at least that is what is tells me when I try to add a new CC. Still not sure I should bite...

Back