1600x1200 and quick launch icons

Equalizer

Limp Gawd
I have had the dell 2001fp for about a month now and everything is fine except the icons in high resolution. The higher resolution has caused the quick launch icons and the icons next to the clock to look all jagged. I want to enlarge the quick launch icons but I don't want them to look all jaggy. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck with icons I can barely see?

Same here, it would be nice to smooth those icons. Don't know how hope someone else does. They icons look like crap on the whole taskbar. All other stuff looks nice.

Anyone? I know a lot of people on this forum own the Dell 2001fp! Somebody must know the solution to this problem.

Originally posted by Equalizer
I have had the dell 2001fp for about a month now and everything is fine except the icons in high resolution. The higher resolution has caused the quick launch icons and the icons next to the clock to look all jagged. I want to enlarge the quick launch icons but I don't want them to look all jaggy. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck with icons I can barely see?

Could we get a little more information from you about your setup, such as...

1. Are you running at the Displays Default settings (1600x1200)?
2. What Video Card are you using, and do you have the latest drivers?
3. Have you changed the Font Size of your display in Windows? (Display Properties\Settings\Advanced Under General)? or
4. If you didn't change the Fonts that way, did you change the font size under (Display Settings\Apperance)?

My guess is that you did number 4 above, so I would change that back to Normal, and follow number 3 above.

Originally posted by Powerhouse2k

3. Have you changed the Font Size of your display in Windows? (Display Properties\Settings\Advanced Under General)? or
4. If you didn't change the Fonts that way, did you change the font size under (Display Settings\Apperance)?

My guess is that you did number 4 above, so I would change that back to Normal, and follow number 3 above.

Yeah guys. . . I have a 2001FP and my icons are smooth and crisp as ever -- quicklaunch, desktop, taskbar -- wherever. No idea what you're talkin about, so hopefully it's on Powerhouse's list here so you can fix it.

Originally posted by Powerhouse2k

1.Yes. 1600x1200
2. Ati 9800pro 128mb with cat 3.10 drivers
3.Set to large size dpi 120
4.Set to large fonts I believe. I will check when i get home.

I will check when I get home. The quicklaunch icons look okay now but they are so damn small. If I increase the size they get all jagged and look like crap.

I have a Gateway 22" LCD monitor running at 1600x1024X32bit and noticed when I switched to the latest Cat3.10 that I lost the ability to run my monitor at this resolution. Have you tried reverting back to the 3.9's, or try Omega Drivers based off the Cat3.10's? I ended up reverting back to the older ones since I couldn't get my monitor to display ok with the 3.10's or the Omega Drivers based on the 3.10's. My icons do look fine on my Radeon9700 Pro at this resolution as well. Hope you can figure out what is causing the problem. ???

Back