18 120mm Delta fans - $29.99

I think this is like the 4th time I've seen this deal here, and every single time, I want to buy a case but I have no idea why, or what I'd do with them.

thewhiteguy said:
Is the connector on these the standard fan one on motherboards?
"Has flexible red and black leads terminating in a standard 2 pin female"

sounds like it.

G-daddy said:
"Has flexible red and black leads terminating in a standard 2 pin female"

sounds like it.
The connector I'm talking about it actually 3 pin, but they could mean only 2 pins are used (no RPM monitoring). That's what I'm trying to clear up if anyone has purchased a case of these before.

Nevermind, if you go to the page for a single fan, the picture shows this as being a two pin connector, not a standard 3 pin fan header. It's not that bad, though, because you can hook this up to 2 of the 3 pins.

got an idea for a lightweight aluminum desktop case but it might need a rubber airskirt
around the bottom to work :D

thewhiteguy said:

I hope you don't plug it into your motherboard, not only would it be loud as hell, you would fry that header....

I am soooo tempted to order 10 cases and build a fan door
(a door made of fans with an exterior support structure)
with 180 fans assuming a 20% loss we have ~19,000CFM
though it would take 110amps of 12v power.....

ordered a case to start with though.
got a bunch of older DEC equipment that uses the 38mm 120's and the orig fans in them have been failing recently

hehe....zip tie them all together in a square and you have a homemade box fan to put in your window!

Wait...I think I will do that! :D

Penguincomp said:
Score! They have 80mm Sunon's with the 3pin connector for 2.49.

Yah but they are sleeve bearing which suck after a few years - makes noise like it sucked in a june bug

edicted said:
Yah but they are sleeve bearing which suck after a few years - makes noise like it sucked in a june bug

can you really use them to catch june bugs with????

i might have to get a couple cases if that's the case.

1 case to catch the bugs, and another to turn it into bug ammo?

look out neighbors.

QM

thewhiteguy said:

if you enjoy having a working motherboard you wont plug this fan into it... guaranteed mobo death

Back