19" CRT: Best bang for buck

apHytHiaTe

2[H]4U
I am looking to build a computer system from the ground up soon, and I want a nice 19" CRT. I know that the 930SB is simply the best, but its a bit pricey. I've looked at the Samsung 997Df, Viewsonic Graphics and Professional series, and the Nec/Mitsubishi monitors. Does anyone know what the best Price/Performance in the 19" CRT range is? It would need to be able to do 1600 or 1280 at decent refresh rates. Also looking towards future proof--I don't want to have to get it replaced or fixed a month after I purchase it.

Ive had the 955Df and 997Df and Il tell you they are crap Compared to the 930. I would save up for the 930

Sry. I think the 930 is awsome compared to the 997Df. I mean it is really good. If you need a MOnitor now then the 997df is great. if you can save up the extra 90 bucks, i would It will be well worth it

vinny77 said:
Sry. I think the 930 is awsome compared to the 997Df. I mean it is really good. If you need a MOnitor now then the 997df is great. if you can save up the extra 90 bucks, i would It will be well worth it

Agree. Since I'm looking at the 997df as we speak! It's dissapointing. Decent, but not what I expected somehow. Though if you can get it for 150 or so.....get it. It is indeed flat, and 19inch. And at this price, it'll do.

GL :)

Back