1st build got some questions hope u people have answers

Dan3290 said:
Also i would liek to know wether you all think the 7800gt deal is worth it with dropping prices on other models of 7800gt's.

Its rumored that the new 7900 line of video cards will be out in March. Prices for the 7800gt are prolly going to drop. Its also rumored that the 7900gt will cost $300 but also as powerful as the 7800GTX. IMO, wait till March and see how the video card market plays out.

ive also heard this and even if the 7900gt isnt 300 the 7800gtx will be 380-400 im guessing so i could go with 1 of those.
how bout case and memory and other comments?

I have almost the exact same system spec'd out for my new rig.

The only other option I was considering is getting the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard and not buying the 7800GT/mobo combo.

whats the price difference between getting a 7800gt ad the asus board and the evga combo ($349)

The eVGA mobo combo is only $50 more than the card alone, while the ASUS mobo is 160 or so.

The combo is definitely a better deal, but I thought that if I bought the eVGA alone, I could use the step-up program in a month to get a 7900gt or gtx for cheap. I'm not sure if you can use the step-up with the combo deal. Does anyone know?

is that gskill ram still good if im not gonna be overclocking?
ive heard g skill is what you want if ur overclocking but since im not is this still good ram for me?

check out mine

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1017910

i would definitely get that eVGA mobo + 7800gt combo, tons of ppl here have it i think so they would be able to help you out

the g.skill ram was like $145

if u wanna save extra money, get a X850XT for $180 i think? and a mobo for $100 or so

u gonna SLI? and wut size montior - resolution?

i was thinking of a 19 or 20 inch screen most likely 19 inch and for sure lcd because i dont think i can afford a 20 inch screen. The g. skill ram has alot of bad reviews on newegg and i doubt ill overclock. I dont htink ill go SLI at this point cause i dont have the cash but theres always a chance i will get some extra money

Dan3290 said:
i was thinking of a 19 or 20 inch screen most likely 19 inch and for sure lcd because i dont think i can afford a 20 inch screen. The g. skill ram has alot of bad reviews on newegg and i doubt ill overclock. I dont htink ill go SLI at this point cause i dont have the cash but theres always a chance i will get some extra money
don't pay attention to newegg reviews

yeah 20inch is expensive :( 19" is really nice, get the ViewSonic i got, so beautifulll

and when ur ready to buy another video card for SLI, at least it'll be cheap but i don't think SLI is worth it

Back